Search results


Dr. Clarke responds to Abdul Hameed, after Abdul Hameed recants

In August of 1897, the case of Dr. Clarke and the British government vs. MGA.  Lekh Ram had died just a few months earlier, and it seemed like some fanatical Ahmadi’s had planned the murder.  Nevertheless, a few months later, Abdul Hameed showed up at Dr. Clarke’s location in Amritsar in the guise of wanting to convert to Christianity.  Soon after showing up, he confessed that MGA had sent him to murder Dr. Clarke.  However, after the case started, and trial began, Abdul Hameed seemed to have totally recanted the story and blamed the Christians at Amritsar and Beas for scaring him into such a testimony, i.e. that MGA sent him to commit murder.  In the below, we have extracted Dr. Clarke’s response to Abdul Hameed, via Ahmadi sources.  We found this testimony in MGA’s book,. “kitab ul Barriya” (1897), in a Lahori-Ahmadi translation, pages 183-194.

Translation of the statement of Doctor Martyn Clarke on solemn affirmation, 20th August 1897
I know nothing about this second statement of Abdul Hameed. Abdur Rahim could go to Beas and return to Amritsar between 3 and 6 o’clock. When we all went to Beas, no one had an opportunity to talk privately to Abdul Hameed. At the time of Abdul Hameed’s confession Abdur Rahim was present at a little distance and could not have whispered in the ear. He confessed before me. Abdur Rahim did not speak at the time of the confession. In the confession the word
“harm” was first written by Abdul Hameed, and then the word “kill” he had written of his own accord. I had kept the boy on the request of Mr. Allsop, District Superintendent Police, and on his own request. I heard later about Mr. Grey and his going to him [to Mr. Grey]. (On a question from the lawyer of the defendant) I am a doctor missionary. I did not pay the travelling expenses and the fee of my lawyer. I do not remember whether I appointed Ram Bhaj Dutt as lawyer or he came of himself. We people take action together about someone who is enemy of all. (On a question from the court) Abdur Rahim remained in the service of the mission for 32 years. When the boy came, Abdur Rahim was in a very frightened state and confessed that he had come to kill him. On the day of the departure of the boy I rebuked Abdur Rahim on his apparent intentions. I had guessed that the indication was not incorrect. The boy’s face kept on changing colour. No question was asked on 20-8-97.
Signature of the Judge.

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian

When Abdul Hameed recanted his story vs. MGA in the case brought by Dr. Clarke

In the summer of 1897, the case of Dr. Clarke and British-India vs. MGA was in full swing.  However, by August 20th, 1897, Abdul Hameed recanted his entire story, i.e. that MGA had sent him to murder Dr. Clarke.  He claimed that he was scared into stating that MGA sent him to commit a murder.  His testimony is in the below via ahmadiyya sources only.  We found this testimony in MGA’s book,. “kitab ul Barriya” (1897), in a Lahori-Ahmadi translation, page 185-193.

Note: The following statement has been translated from English writing, on the basis of the statement made by Abdul Hameed before the District Superintendent of Police. Abdul
Hameed was again called to testify as a prosecution witness. His statement was recorded.

Statement of witness Abdul Hameed on solemn affirmation, 20th August 1897 on question from Court:

I had made a statement at Batala before the Police Captain. The officer incharge of a police station took me to the Captain. I do not know the name. At that time I was at Anarkali (Batala). We were three persons in the carriage: myself, the officer incharge of the police station and
the driver. At that time I was in the custody of Waris Din the Christian, Bhagat Prem Das and two police constables. The officer incharge police station had taken me straight to the Captain. First of all I had gone to Nur-ud-Din the Christian at Hall gate, Amritsar. After coming from Qadian the deponent had stayed for two days at Ghulam Mustafa printing press. I had stayed there in connection with service at the printing press. But no work was available there. Then I went to Nur-ud-Din at Amritsar. Nur-ud-Din had given me a letter addressed to the Rev. Grey. I had gone to Nur-ud-Din as a seeker of Christianity. I had certainly not gone to Qutb-ud-Din. My earlier statement that I had gone to him was not true. The deponent is not even acquainted with him. I had submitted to the Rev. Grey to make me a Christian.  He sent me back to Nur-ud-Din and said: “Bear your own expenses, then we shall teach you Christianity”. I accepted this condition and went back to Nur-ud-Din. He said to me: “Go to Dr. Clarke. He will give you food, and also teach you Christianity”. I went to Doctor sahib and told him that I had become a Muslim from a Hindu. I had said this to Nur-ud-Din also. Also I said that I had come from Qadian. Doctor sahib said: “All right. I shall find out”. I said: “Find out after I am baptized”. Then Doctor sahib sent me to the Hospital. The Christian Abdur Rahim was there. He inquired from me. I told him also that I had come from Qadian. The second or third day he took me to Doctor sahib’s residence. I had been called by Doctor sahib. Doctor sahib said: “Maulvi Abdur Rahim says that you have come to commit murder”. I said: “No”. Doctor sahib said: “He is a child. How can he do such a thing?” Then I was sent to Beas. Abdur Rahim said this to me two or three times: “I have come to know for what purpose you have come”. I said: “I have come only to become a Christian, and not for any other purpose”. Then I went to Beas. After two days Abdur
Rahim came there. He came at 4 o’clock in the day. He met me at the hospital where I was studying. He said to me: “Tell me how you have come, for we have found out. Tell the truth or we shall hand you over to the Captain of Police”. I said: “I have come to become a Christian.
There is no other purpose”. He said: “You have come to commit murder”, but he did not say to murder whom. Then he went away. On the second or third day Doctor sahib came along with Yusuf Khan and another oldish man. Doctor sahib photographed me and went to Amritsar. At that time other servants were also photographed. Till that time Doctor sahib did not mention anything to me. Two days later came a telegram that Doctor sahib has called me to Amritsar. A snake was killed, Bhagat Prem Das had killed it. He said to me: “Take this dead snake with you. Show it to sahib”. From the station Muhammad Yusuf took me to the residence and I was photographed there. It came out to be defective. Then Doctor sahib sent me to the market along with Muhammad Yusuf and I was photographed there. Then I went to the market to eat. After eating, Muhammad Yusuf took me to the residence. The shop was in the same market where Yusuf was. Yusuf paid for the food. When I went to the residence, from there I was sent
to Beas. Before going to Beas, I had been sent to the hospital and from there I had been sent alone to carry papers to the station. Abdur Rahim was there. He said: “Tell the truth about what you have come for. I have found out. Otherwise you will be arrested”. After this I was photographed and went to the residence. Then Yusuf bought me the ticket and I went to Beas. After two days Doctor sahib, Abdur Rahim, Waris Din, Bhagat Prem Das and another Christian, a young man, came there. In front of all of them Waris Din and Abdur Rahim said
to me: “Now say what you have come for”. I said: “I have come to become a Christian”. They said: “You have been sent by Mirza”. I said: “No, he has not said anything to me”. Abdur Rahim was sitting besides me. He said to me: “Say that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has sent you to kill Dr. Clarke with a stone”. He showed me my photograph and said: “You will be caught wherever you go, or else say this”. I said as he had asked me to say. Then Doctor sahib and others said:
“Give us this in writing”. I wrote it out. I wrote “cause harm”, but Abdur Rahim said: “Write also the word ‘kill’ ”. He whispered it in my ear. He was sitting besides me. At the time of writing the
confession he was sitting side by side with me. I wrote the confession twice. The first time I wrote only the word “harm”. When I was writing the second time, then according to what he had said I also wrote the word “kill”. Then when I was signing they called the postmaster etc. They asked me. Out of fear, I said: “Yes, I am writing this of my own free will”. When I wrote it out, the Doctor sahib and others said: “Good, our heart’s desire has been fulfilled”. Then Doctor sahib and the others brought me to Amritsar by the 6 o’clock train and took me to the residence. Waris Din, Abdur Rahim, Bhagat Prem Das were accompanying us. The day I wrote the confession, apart from Abdur Rahim, Bhagat Prem Das and Waris Din also were saying to
me: “Say it like this. Get Mirza entangled. No harm will come to you because Doctor sahib has pardoned you”. They took me to Sultan Vind at night. I was kept at the house of Doctor Khair-ud-Din. They kept tutoring me: “You say this, that Mirza has sent you to kill the Doctor with a stone”. Out of fear I said: “This is what I will say”. At night I was very restless and sleepless because I was being asked to tell a lie. In the morning they brought me to the residence in a carriage and kept saying: “No harm will come to you. Make that statement”.  I gave the testimony in the presence of the Deputy Commissioner. I had given my name as Ralya Ram myself. There was a man with Nurud-Din, Hindu or Muslim. On his behest I had said: “He converts people to Christianity”. When I went to Doctor sahib first of all, I had not said that I had been sent by Mirza sahib. My address as Khajoori Darwaza was also given by me myself. I had done these things because previously I was with the Scotch Mission Gujrat, and had been turned out because of bad conduct. For this reason I pretended to be a Hindu, so that my earlier history not be known. I had definitely written a letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din from Beas saying that I liked the Christian religion. Waris Din, Bhagat Prem Das and Abdur Rahim had said to me: “You say about this letter that Mirza sahib and Maulvi Nur-ud-Din are one and the same. Hence I had written him a letter so that they are kept informed of my news”. Abdur Rahim, Prem Das and
Waris Din had taught me in Anarkali to say that I had left after abusing Mirza sahib. There had surely been an altercation between me and two of the men of Mirza sahib on account of their admonition, but I did not at all abuse Mirza sahib. I have no knowledge at all of the two persons who have been stated to have been seen at Beas. At Sultan Vind, Abdur Rahim and others had said to me: “You say that your intention to commit murder had changed on seeing Doctor sahib”. After my testimony was over I was taken and shut up in the residence at Amritsar. Abdur Rahim, Waris Din and Prem Das used to say: “Some man of Mirza sahib will kill you”. Two sweepers had been shut up in the house along with me. They also kept tutoring me.  As for Qutb-ud-Din, I had been asked by Waris Din, Abdur Rahim and Prem Das to mention his name. The lawyer (Lala Ram Bhaj) had asked me in Anarkali: “Did you have an accomplice or not? Until someone else is not involved, you are not a bird to have killed and flown away. The court will not believe”. On this Waris Din and others instructed me about the involvement of Qutb-ud-Din. I did not give to the lawyer the address of Qutb-ud-Din. Prem Das had written on my hand Karmon Deorhi and the address of Qutb-ud-Din, saying “remember this when you give testimony”. He had written it in pencil. It was Waris Din’s pencil, the same pencil which is just now in the lawyer’s hand. With the very same it had been written. (Note: Admitted that the pencil belonged to Waris Din.) There were many other pencils in the school. Waris Din and others used to describe Qutb-ud-Din’s features. But I do not know him at all. They had
mentioned to me Qutb-ud-Din’s features etc. at night. I did not mention the features etc. to the lawyer. On being instructed by Bhagat Prem Das, Waris Din and Abdur Rahim, I had said that I used to press Mirza sahib. I had never been to the house of Mirza sahib. I had seen him only once, that was in the mosque. Only on these people’s instigation I have made all the statement. Only on their instigation, I had stated that I, the deponent, had slept in the Khair-ud-Din mosque,
Amritsar. This was also taught to me at Batala. They have been making me write the first testimony falsely, by intimidation. When the officer incharge police station had gone to call, he was inside. Outside, Waris Din said to me: “Be careful, do not alter your first statement.
The Doctor sahib has promised you pardon”. There were two Sikh policemen. They had also said to me: “Be careful, do not change the testimony.” A teacher Nihal Chand had also said the same. This morning Abdul Ghani the Christian came to me and said: “Shaikh Waris Din and Yusuf say that if you give the earlier testimony they will get you pardon from Doctor sahib and you will remain safe”. I had informed the Captain about this affair. The sahib was taking a
bath. The cook, the sweeper etc., all those in the enclosure, know that they had seen him. I have never seen any room of Mirza sahib, nor am I aware of the bathroom. Only on the tutoring of these people, I had mentioned a room adjacent to the upper portion of the mosque. I had been making all the statements out of fear. Christian Nur-ud-Din had said to me: “You will not be able to get on with me. Go to Doctor sahib”. Hence I had gone to Doctor sahib. Otherwise I had no prior acquaintance with him. Abdur Rahim had told me the substance of the confession and I had written it. He had also told me the words. They had taken from me my earlier writing and torn it up. The statement that I have given now is entirely correct and true. The first statement
was given out of fear and persuasion. The statement that I have made now is of my own accord. I have not done so on anyone’s persuasion or any inducement. (On a question from the prosecution lawyer) I have not yet joined the Muslims, i.e. neither do I consider Muhammad sahib to be true nor the Quran. I am seeking Christianity. I have never gone from Lahore to Qadian with Maulvi Nur-ud-Din, nor to Amritsar. When I had first gone to Qadian I had hired a complete cart from Batala. I had seen Shaikh Rahmatullah twice at Lahore, i.e., had met him. On the first occasion he had given me 8 annas. I had seen Doctor Nabi Bakhsh at Lahore. Came from Lahore to Batala. He travelled by the first class coach and I by the third class. At Batala I had not put up with him but only stayed for the night and had gone to Qadian in the morning. I have known Maulvi Nur-ud-Din since the time of going to Qadian. No one had recommended me to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din. Miran Bakhsh of Gujrat had told me to go to Mirza sahib at Qadian and get education. The deponent went to Gujrat the second time for employment. When I went to Qadian I had two Rupees with me. I do not know whether or not Maulvi Nur-ud-Din has friendly relations with my paternal uncle Burhan-ud-Din. When I came to Qadian the first time, Burhan-ud-Din was not there. The second time he was there before my arrival. He and I did not live together. I had been on friendly terms with Burhan-ud-Din even before, and also at that time.
When this case was in progress at Batala, I do not know whether Burhan-ud-Din was there. Even now I do not know where he is, for I was in custody. I had, on my own, taken up the occupation of basket lifting and not on anybody’s bidding. I had worked in the printing press separately. I had not seen Burhan-ud-Din there at that time. I had only one set of clothes when I went to Qadian. Waris Din and others used to tell me: “Say that there were two or three sets when you had gone”. Ghulam Mustafa did not know me earlier. He had given me food for two days, thinking I was a Muslim. At Batala I had gone to his printing press after making enquiry about it. I had gone to Amritsar by the 9 o’clock morning train. On arrival I immediately got from Hall
Bazar information about Nur-ud-Din that he was a Christian preacher. I had left Batala after taking food. I had gone to Mr. Grey at 2 or 3 o’clock during the day. The same day I had gone to Doctor sahib’s place. Doctor sahib had asked me about my family on my mother’s side, etc., but I had not been able to give a satisfactory reply. The officer incharge of the police station had brought me in a carriage. He had seated me at the back, adjacent to the driver. In the evening Prem Das, Waris Din and others had come to the residence of the Captain to say that “the boy be given over to us”. On the way, the officer incharge of the police station had not talked to me at all. I had asked: “Why has the Captain called me?” He said: “I do not know”. The officer incharge of the police station took me straight to the residence. The officer enquired from me according to the order of the Captain. He was another officer. The officer took me under a tree which lies in the compound of the residence and enquired from me. The tree was about twenty five yards away. He said to me: “You are telling a lie, you do not speak the truth”. I replied: “I speak the truth. The statement I dictated is true”. Then he said to the Captain: “This boy does not speak the truth”. The Captain ordered: “Bring him before me”.  Muhammad Bakhsh was not among the interrogators. Only one man asked, he is the other officer incharge of the police station. I do not know the name. The officer who brought me in the carriage was not interrogating. Muhammad Bakhsh did not ask me anything. Muhammad Bakhsh, the other officer and another constable or clerk were there. The clerk was a Hindu. That clerk was talking about the judgment in a case, so thus I came to know that he was a clerk. Muhammad Bakhsh did not say to me: “You have committed a sin in deposing against Mirza sahib”. No man of Mirza sahib met me. There was talk under the tree for just four or five minutes. There was a bed
at a distance of about three or four steps. I was lying on it again. An hour or two later, the servant got up and the deponent was presented before the Captain. No one came to me, nor had anyone talked to the officer in charge of the police station. When the Captain enquired from
me the first time, I related the same story as I had deposed earlier. He said: “You are telling a lie. Now you will not be sent to Anarkali. We shall take you to Gurdaspur”. I said again: “I have spoken the truth”. He said: “No, you are telling a lie. When your doubts had been removed then why did you go to the Christians?”. I said: “I went to Gujrat for employment”. He said: “It appears to be false that Mirza sahib sent you. Speak the truth”. Then out of fear of God I told the whole story truly, as has been deposed. The Inspector and Muhammad Bakhsh the officer incharge police station and another clerk were present at that time when the Captain recorded my statement. The Captain was asking questions and I was dictating my statement continuously. The same day I was brought to Gurdaspur, when the confession was written. Doctor sahib was sitting at a distance of four or five steps. Abdur Rahim used to say: “Doctor sahib will save you”.
I was also threatened: “We have your photograph. You will be caught wherever you go”. The word “kill” was whispered in my ear by Abdur Rahim, asking me to write it. The night Lala Ram Bhaj had questioned me, the day after that I had appeared as a witness again, and before
appearing in the court Abdur Rahim and others had tutored me about Qutb-ud-Din etc. The first time when the lawyer came at 12 o’clock he said to me: “You are not a bird that you had flown to Amritsar.  There must have been someone else with you”. Then Abdur Rahim and others told me about inclusion of Qutb-ud-Din. Note: The prosecution lawyer admitted: “We had asked the witness in the evening also about the inclusion of the other man”. In the evening the lawyer asked again, and I had given the name of Qutb-ud-Din as taught by Abdur Rahim and others. The lawyer had told me that the court would not accept that I, all alone, killed and went away or would have gone away, the involvement of some other man was essential.  Then after 12 o’clock, I stated the name of Qutb-ud-Din as taught. There is a room adjacent to the mosque which I had mentioned. It faces the hill. I do not know on which side its door is. I do not know
at all the appearance and features of Qutb-ud-Din, nor had anybody told me, nor have I come to know or been acquainted with his looks etc. till now. (On a question from the court) Before appearance in the court, at 12 o’clock in the day, the lawyer Ram Bhaj came to me and
said: “You are not a bird that you would have killed and flown away”.  After this, Waris Din and others told me the name of Qutb-ud-Din. In the evening when the lawyer mentioned to me again then I gave him the name of Qutb-ud-Din. Before appearing in the court the second time, Prem Das had written the address of Qutb-ud-Din on the palm of my hand. (On a question from the lawyer of the defendant) When the testimony was taken the second time at Batala, after that I
remained with Doctor sahib. Two policemen, two sweepers and three Christians were guarding me, i.e. the deponent was under their watch.  No man of Mirza sahib met me, nor have I made this statement before the police officer on anyone’s persuasion or inducement. Only the Captain had said: “We want to find the truth”, and I deposed truthfully out of fear of God. The officers incharge of police stations had not intimidated or induced me. Mirza sahib had never said to me: “Go and kill Doctor sahib”. No one can go into the room adjacent to the mosque. That is the female section of the owner’s house. I do not even know anything about its door. Shaikh Waris Din, Bhagat Prem Das, another Christian old man and Abdur Rahim had been tutoring me during the night before the day when my second testimony was taken.  They kept me confined to the house, locking it from outside. At Anarkali they used to tutor me: “You should say that Mirza sahib had sent you to kill”. When the lawyer asked me in the evening, Doctor sahib was sitting at that time a little distance away. The lawyer said: “Whatever question is put by the lawyer for the defendant, give a perverse reply”. I say this truly and with conviction that the lawyer Ram Bhaj had said to me as stated above. An Arya policeman had accompanied me to Qadian. I had stayed with the Aryas. The Aryas supplied the witnesses. Nihal Chand the teacher is a Christian.
Abdul Hameed with own pen. Read out. Is correct. Accepted.
Signature of the Judge.

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian


Abdul Hameed’s extended comments on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad sending him to murder Dr. Clarke

As we continue to go through “Kitab ul Barriya” (1897) pages 163-173, we continue to find more and more data on Abdul Hameed and how MGA really sent him to murder Dr. Clark.  We have archived the initial statement by Abdul Hameed here.  It seems that he gave an extended story to the court at Gurdaspur.  MGA seems to have archived that statement and many others in his book as mentioned in the above sentences.

Statement on solemn affirmation of the prosecution witness Abdul Hameed, son of Sultan Mahmud, resident of Jhelum Caste Gakhkhar, age 17 years, Stated:

I am now seeking Christianity. Formerly, I was a Muslim. Four months ago, I went to the Christians at Gujrat. At that time I did not know Mirza sahib. I was a mate at the Mong Civil Relief Works under Jan Muhammad Babu. I stayed for two or three months with the Christians at Gujrat. There the Muslims had converted me; hence I had came to Gujrat. Mirza sahib has many followers at Gujrat. They sent me to Qadian. When I went there, my uncle Burhan-ud-Din was not in Qadian at that time. I had been advised to go to Qadian to have my doubts removed. I was taught by Maulvi Nur-ud-Din and Mirza sahib. The Quran was not taught. On coming from Gujrat I stayed at Qadian for only four days. I had gone back to Jhelum and stayed in the house of uncle Luqman. I did not go to the house of Burhan-ud-Din. My paternal uncle Maulvi Burhan-ud-Din Ghazi is there, and he is a follower of Mirza sahib. My other paternal uncle is Luqman but he is not a follower of Mirza sahib. My mother married Luqman after the death of my father and has also children by him. Both of my paternal uncles brought me up. After a stay of two or three days at Jhelum I returned to Qadian. Mirza sahib held me very dear. One day he took me to a separate house and said: “Go to Amritsar and stone Dr. Clarke to death”. I said: “Why should I do this?” Mirza sahib said: “If you commit this murder while in the religion of Islam you will become a chosen one”. To begin with he used to teach me. Subsequently when Mirza sahib asked me to commit murder, he said this to me: “Now work as a labourer for four or five days so that people think that you have been a labourer”. Then he said this: “When you are going away, abuse me when you go”. I departed to Amritsar and went to Doctor sahib, the plaintiff in this case, and said: “I have come to become a Christian.” Doctor sahib looked after me very well and sent me to the Hospital. Mirza sahib had said: “First give your name as Ralya Ram, then as Abdul Majeed, saying that you acquired this name after becoming a Muslim”. I stayed with Doctor sahib at Amritsar for about a month. First I remained at Amritsar for five or six days. Then I remained at Beas. The sheet exhibit ‘H’ included in the file has been written by me. I had written this out and given to Doctor sahib as confession. Doctor sahib was present at that time when I wrote it out. From Beas I had written a letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din sahib saying: “I shall become a Christian. This is the true religion. The Muslim religion is not true”. Doctor sahib had said to me: “A follower of Mirza sahib has come to us. We shall ask him whether to make him
a Christian or not”. When I wrote the letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din sahib, Doctor sahib was not aware of it. I had informed other Christians. The letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din sahib was written before writing the sheet exhibit ‘H’. Bhagat Ram and another clerk, whose name I do not remember, were present. They were looking on when I wrote the letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din sahib. It was about a month ago that I had left Qadian, and from Mirza sahib I had gone to Doctor sahib at Amritsar. The letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din was intended to apprise him that I was at Beas. When I left Qadian for Amritsar I paid 4½ annas as fare and at Qadian Mirza sahib had paid me 12 annas as wages for carrying baskets. I have heard about Abdullah Atham but not seen him. As for the attacks carried out on him I have no knowledge when these attacks were carried out, what were the attacks and who carried out the attacks. When I first went to Doctor sahib I intended to commit murder. Later I changed my mind. Luqman did not send me to Mirza sahib nor has he sent me to Doctor sahib. There is no ill feeling in our family on account of Maulvi Burhan-ud-Din becoming a follower of Mirza sahib. Luqman is in Jhelum at the moment. It is not known where Burhan-ud-Din is. (On a question of the prosecutor, said) By Bhagat Ram I mean Bhagat Prem Das in whose presence I had written the letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din. Mirza sahib had said to me: “When you get an opportunity, kill Doctor sahib (plaintiff), and come to me, then no one will kill you”. On going to Amritsar and meeting Doctor sahib I had changed my mind. Before going to Amritsar I had never seen Doctor sahib, nor was acquainted with him. (On a question from Mirza sahib) When I had become a follower of Mirza sahib, he had said to me: “Say, I place my hand on the hand of Ahmad”, and said: “Ask God for forgiveness of the
previous sins, and in future say the prayers, read the Quran”. (Note: Mirza sahib says: “I do not remember whether the witness took the oath of allegiance on my hand or not”.) Mirza sahib neither read out nor explained to me the fourth condition of the printed conditions of the oath of allegiance at the time of my taking the oath of allegiance. Exhibit ‘K’ was included in the file.
Read out. Accepted correct. Abdul Hameed After the statement the witness submitted that since he had stated the events plainly and clearly, he feared danger to his life. Doctor sahib said that he wanted to keep him safe. Accordingly the witness was permitted to stay with Doctor sahib.

Signature of Judge.

Supplementary statement of Abdul Hameed on solemn affirmation
The deponent had gone to Luqman at Jhelum from Qadian only to see him. There was no other purpose. Had stayed there for two or three days. He had obtained forty Rupees from Uncle Luqman’s house on the first occasion.

Read out. Is correct. Abdul Hameed. Signature of Judge.

Supplementary statement of Abdul Hameed on solemn affirmation on a question from the court

At 2 p.m. at the time of the mid-day prayer, Mirza sahib had said to me: “Go and kill Mr. Clarke”. Mirza sahib took me to the room adjacent to the mosque and said: “I am going to say something”. I said: “I shall accept it with my heart and soul”. That room is in the house of Mirza sahib. At Amritsar there is a man Qutb-ud-Din who is a follower of Mirza sahib. Mirza sahib had told me to go to him.  I had gone straight to him. He has a shop of utensils at Karmonki Deorhi, Amritsar. I stayed with him for half an hour. I had said to him: “Mirza sahib has sent me to kill Mr. Clarke”. He replied:  “Alright, when you finish this job, come to me. I shall get you to Qadian.” After seeing Doctor sahib, I went back to Qutb-ud-Din in the evening the same day and told him that I had seen Doctor sahib. He had given me the address and location of Doctor sahib’s residence. Mirza sahib liked me very much. He used to have himself pressed by me. He used to say: “Do you remember what I said (murder)”. I used to say: “Yes, I remember”. Mirza sahib had said: “Mr. Clarke is kindhearted. When you go to him he will lodge you with himself. You enquire about his daily routine. Then whenever you get an opportunity, kill him with a stone or in some other manner”. My father’s name is Luqman. I had it written as Sultan Mahmud by mistake. My mother had her second marriage with Sultan Mahmud. By mistake I said earlier that she was married to Luqman. Sultan Mahmud has a daughter. Luqman has another son who is my brother. We are three brothers. I have never been baptized. I had been looking for it. I did not go to Malakand with the army. I had been dismissed because I could not perform the duties. When I returned from Malakand I was not in search [of a religion], I was a Muslim. This was about two
years back. Before I came to Qadian, Sultan Mahmud had been annoyed with me. He did not turn me out. From there I went to the canal.  Sultan Mahmud had been annoyed because of not doing work. Burhanud-Din and Sultan Mahmud have religious differences. Burhan-ud-Din is a follower of Mirza sahib. Not so Sultan Mahmud. On this account they do not like each other. I was not at Qadian at the time of the Jubilee [of Queen Victoria]. I came later. When I went there I saw Burhan-ud-Din. Mirza sahib had talked to me about murder three or four times, that if I killed while in the fold of the Muslim religion I would become a chosen one, for Mr. Clarke is an opponent of the faith. All the five times when Mirza sahib used to come to the mosque for prayers I used to press him. He liked me. Mirza sahib had said:  “Lift a stone weighing 20–30 pounds and hit and kill Mr. Clarke in his sleep or at some other opportunity”. I had apprised Qutb-ud-Din of all these matters. He had said: “Quite right, do this job and come to me”. (On a question from the court): At present Burhan-ud-Din and Sultan Mahmud are annoyed with me, for my money and property are in their possession and they do not want to give them back to me. I sent the letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din because Mirza sahib and he are one. When I was at Amritsar Hospital, I had no connection left with Qutb-ud-Din, nor did I write a letter to anybody. The letter exhibit ‘G’ I had written to Doctor sahib at Beas. (On a question from the lawyer of the defendant): Luqman died when I was six years of age. I had taken four Rupees from the house of Sultan Mahmud without his knowledge. I had informed the women of the household, and had gone to the canal. I have at home two other brothers, Muhammad Kamil and Muhammad Alam. I did not take Muhammad Alam’s jewellery. He had laid a false claim that he held my cash. It happened five or six years ago. My other brothers are in possession of my father’s land. I take my share of the crop. They cultivate on my behalf. They remain displeased with me because of the property and because I am their step-brother. I have been out of Jhelum for seven months. Burhan-udDin’s son is betrothed to Muhammad Kamil’s daughter. Burhan-ud-Din also is hostile to me. Burhan-ud-Din and Sultan Mahmud belong to different mosques. I had gone to Mong Rasul before Jhelum. I stayed with Rev. Dalgie at Gujrat. At Gujrat I stayed with Rev. for
three or four months. I studied the Bible there. At that time I came to like the Christian religion. Because of my character, I was not baptized, because I liked the Muslim people. The Rev. had deputed a man Allah Ditta the Christian to accompany me, and had said: “Get him a ticket for Pindi, and let him go to Pindi”. I know Yusuf. I had to see him, so I used to go. Allah Ditta did not accompany me to the station.  I met Amir-ud-Din, a follower of Mirza sahib, and he got hold of me, the deponent. He sent me to Qadian and said: “First go to Shaikh Rahmatullah at Lahore. Then go to Qadian.” I had come to know him two or three days after going to Gujrat. The Christians had turned me out. They did not pay me the fare to Rawalpindi. Amir-ud-Din used
to admonish me daily: “Go to Mirza sahib. He is a learned man”. There are capable Maulvis at Jhelum and Gujrat. But I did not enquire from them about my doubts. I have been suffering from venereal disease for a month or one and a half months, because of over-eating
mangoes, not because of associating with prostitutes. At Dangah I used to tell people about the principles of the Christian faith. I had gone to Qadian for the first time a month or a month and a half before the Jubilee. I had stayed there for five or six days. Then I had gone to Lahore and from there to Jhelum. On the way I had also stayed at Gujrat. I had also gone to the Reverend and said: “I have been to Mirza sahib at Qadian and am coming from there. He loved me”. On
the first occasion Mirza sahib had said nothing about murder. The Reverend at Gujrat had been annoyed about why I had been to Qadian. I said: “I forgot, forgive me, and lodge me”. He said: “Go to your house and read the Bible”. He did not lodge me. Then I went to Jhelum, for the reason that my paternal uncle was displeased at my becoming a Christian. Mirza sahib had removed my doubts. I had gone to reconcile the paternal uncle. Then I, who am making this statement, went to Qadian a second time, two to four days after the Jubilee, for Mirza sahib had not taken the oath of allegiance the first time. Stayed there 17 or 18 days. Two days after arrival I took the oath of allegiance on the hand of Mirza sahib. Many persons were present. Hakim Nur-ud-Din, Hakim Fazl-ud-Din etc., about 20 to 30 persons were there. I had taken the oath of allegiance in the mosque upstairs. Some nine or ten days after administering the oath of allegiance Mirza sahib took me to the upstairs room in the women’s section of the house.
When the mid-day prayer was completed, Mirza sahib asked me to stay on. When all the people went away, Mirza sahib took me to that room through the door. At that time there was no one in the upper part of the mosque. Going inside, Mirza sahib made me sit down and said: “Go to Amritsar and present yourself as a Hindu. Hit Mr. Clarke with a stone and kill him.” I agreed. He took me inside in case someone should come. Day after day he used to say: “Do you remember that job or not? Are you ready or not?” I used to say: “I remember and am ready”. He would ask this when I used to be pressing his body. He loved me very much, like a father loves his son. He used to stroke me on my head with his hand. I used to press him all the five times. Other people also used to press him. They pressed him in the mosque. Did not press him in the bathroom. That bathroom is a place for bathing and a toilet. The upper storey room in which Mirza sahib took me is also used as a bathroom. The room is about 18 by 12 feet. In each corner, a place has been built to take a bath. It is not in brick and mortar, planks have been fixed.

The confession, exhibit ‘H’, I had written myself. No one prepared a manuscript. I wrote it once, it was not correct. Then I wrote it again in fair copy. (Note: The witness was made to copy the confession on a sheet. He made spelling mistakes in writing at three places which have been marked with X and marked with the letter H). Witness: I considered that room to be a bathroom. Before the honourable Deputy Commissioner, Amritsar, the word bathroom had not been caused to be written. After saying of the morning prayer, day had dawned a little when I had come from Qadian. The carriage probably belonged to the brother of Ismail Beg’s wife. The same day I had gone to Amritsar by the railway train. I arrived there at 11 o’clock and went straight to Qutb-ud-Din, stayed with him for half an hour. I cannot tell the date. Qutb-ud-Din gave the address of Doctor sahib’s house. I went to his residence and met him. I had been sleeping at the Hall Bazar mosque.

I went to the residence at about three o’clock. Two men were not with me. I reached the residence in ten or twelve minutes. Doctor sahib was in his office. First I met the cook, then the valet. He informed the sahib. I was called in. A sikh was standing there on some errand. He
took a letter and went away. On going in I immediately said: “I am in search of truth, I have come to become a Christian.” The sahib asked: “From where have you come?” I said: “From Qadian”. Then I gave my Hindu name as Ralya Ram and explained all the circumstances which I have already stated. But all that was false. A faint idea had come to my mind that I would not commit murder. After three or four days when I went to Beas, my intention to kill had changed. I had stayed at Amritsar for five or six days. I worked under the doctor of Amritsar Hospital and received education. I used to wash the wounds.  Except for one day, Doctor sahib used to meet me daily. Twice I went to the residence. I, the deponent, met him in the very same office. I met him alone in the same way as on the first day. Every time Doctor sahib used to ask: “Who were you? From where have you come?” I had already made the statement. There was no special purpose other than learning the Bible from the sahib. On the first occasion the book was given to me. But on the second occasion another type of book was given to me.  Doctor sahib had sent me to Beas for education.  Doctor sahib had said: “Maulvi Abdur Rahim is afraid in case you should kill him. So go to Beas. Other people also say that you have come to commit murder”. With the exception of Qutb-ud-Din I had not mentioned to anybody that I had come with the intention to kill. Saanwan Singh had gone to Beas along with me. He had stayed there
for a week. After three or four days I had written the letter to Maulvi Nur-ud-Din. A new house was under construction. I had written the letter there, written it in the presence of Bhagat Ram. Two masons and two or three labourers were also there. I did not ask Bhagat for money or stamps to post the letter. I wrote the confession about 5.30, wrote the letter in the sitting room. It is close to the dining room. (Then said) I do not know which is the dining room. At the time of my writing the confession, the station master, the telegraph clerk and the post clerk were present. (Then said) I had written it out, was signing when they came. There were two or three other men in whose presence I had written. They were Abdur Rahim, Bhagat Ram, Shaikh Waris, and Doctor sahib was also present. At Beas I, the deponent, had not said to anyone that I had come to kill Doctor sahib. I had not said this even to Bhagat Prem Das. Doctor sahib had brought me to Amritsar with himself and he had granted me pardon that I would not be harmed. Starting from Beas we had reached Amritsar the same day before sunset. At night Doctor sahib sent me to Sultan Pind which is at a distance of one mile from Amritsar. Waris and Prem Das and Abdur Rahim had remained with me. All of us stayed at the house of an Indian Christian. When I had come to Batala from Qadian, I had not gone to the house of Maulvi Ghulam Mustafa the printer. Mirza sahib had not got me turned out of Qadian on account of bad conduct.  When I went first, Doctor sahib had greeted me with love and affection. Doctor sahib is stronger than myself, but when someone is sent to attack he has to perform his job. Never before in my life have I had such an intention, nor was I ever appointed to kill. When I was a Muslim I considered committing of murder an offence and a sin. But when Mirza sahib said “you will become a chosen one”, then there was a change in my ideas and I firmly believed that I would go to
heaven. Before I met Mirza sahib, my personal view was that it was a sin to commit murder, although according to the Muslim religion the killing of an unbeliever brings reward. This is written in the Quran. I have read it myself. I can read the written translation when I see it.
My paternal uncle had taught me. A Mulla also had taught me. I have been reading the Quran without meanings. On the 31st July 1897 I was promised pardon. Hence I had written the confession. If someone goes to kill a person and kills him then he is a criminal, otherwise not.
Since the date of the writing of the confession I have been constantly living with Doctor sahib. Three or four days ago I had seen Maulvi Muhammad Husain in Anarkali. I had never seen him before this. I did not write any letter to Mirza sahib. It is written in the Bible: “Thou shalt not kill”, so my intention changed as to why I should kill such a good man as Dr. Clarke. No one from our family ever committed murder. I do not know the meaning of ‘ghazi’. At Beas Bhagat Prem Das had caught a black snake. I had killed it and brought it to Doctor sahib. The other snake that was caught had escaped. That is, two snakes were caught the first day, one died and the other had escaped. The third day another snake was caught. This was also killed. I wanted to take the snake only to show to the Doctor sahib. (On a question from the court) Bhagat Prem Das had stopped me. (Advocate) I had not known Qutb-ud-Din earlier. Mirza sahib had not given any
letter for him. Qutb-ud-Din had said: “See the house for yourself. I shall indicate the stone. Carry it and kill him”. Doctor sahib had said to me: “I shall write a letter to Mirza sahib that this man has come to become a Christian”. I had forbidden him. When I am baptized, then he should write the letter. I had been to Qadian today. Abdur Rahim and two policemen and Waris Din, and two other policemen accompanied me. (On a question from the lawyer) In the beginning also Mirza sahib had taken me once to that room above. I had slept at the Khair-ud-Din mosque at Amritsar, so I stayed. I was not asked, hence I had not confessed earlier. Sultan Mahmud had taught me the Quran.  Paternal uncle Burhan-ud-Din had not gone to Malakand. Doctor sahib
met me gladly both times when I met him at his residence at Amritsar.  Both times I had gone of my own, I had not been called. While going to Beas I had been called. Doctor sahib did not come out into the verandah and rebuke me, as to why I had come without being called. Abdul Hameed. Signature of Judge. Read out. is correct. Signature of Judge.

I, Abdul Hameed, son of Sultan Mahmud, am a resident of Jhelum, at present staying at Beas. About this matter that from the village of Qadian I was sent by Mirza sahib of Qadian that I may cause harm to Doctor Clarke sahib, i.e. kill him, and regarding me, I have come for this purpose. He said this orally in the bathroom at Qadian.
Signature of Judge

Links and Related Essays


#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian


Captain M.W. Douglas, District Magistrate, District Gurdaspur received Abdul Hameed and saved MGA

Captain M.W. Douglas, District Magistrate, District Gurdaspur was given a serious court case vs. MGA in 1897.  However, since MGA was above the law in British-India, since his father Mirza Ghulam Murtaza helped to kill the mutineers of 1857, MGA was given respite even when he was totally guilty.  Dr. Clarke had initially filed the case in Amritsar, where he lived, however, the courts told him that he was out of jurisdiction, the case was thus transferred to Gurdaspur.  This is the famous case of Abdul Hameed who was a nephew of the famous Ahmadi mullah, Burhan ud Din.  We found this testimony in MGA’s book,. “kitab ul Barriya” (1897), in a Lahori-Ahmadi translation, pages 142-143.

Captain Douglas’ initial comments

9th August 1897

To: Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, son of Mirza Ghulam Murtaza, Caste Mughal, resident of Qadian, sub-division Batala, District Gurdaspur.

Whereas we have been informed by the honourable Magistrate, District Amritsar, and this information is supported by the statements of Dr. Martyn Clarke and Abdul Hameed recorded by the respected officer and sent to us, that you have incited Abdul Hameed to kill Dr. Martyn
Clarke. Consequently there is apprehension that you are about to commit breach of the peace or about to perform an act which is likely to cause breach of the peace. Consequently you are commanded through this Order to present yourself on Tuesday 10th August 1897 during Court hours before the District Magistrate at Batala and explain the reason why you should not be required to deposit a personal surety of one thousand Rupees as penalty, with an undertaking of maintenance of public peace for a period of one year, and why a surety document written by two sureties for Rupees one thousand per surety as penalty be not required to be deposited.
Issued today, dated 9th August 1897, under our signature and seal of the Court.

Signed: District Magistrate, Gurdaspur.
No: 4. Summons to the defendant Under Section 152, Collection of Criminal Procedure Code In the court of Captain Douglas, District Magistrate

To: Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, son of Mirza Ghulam Murtaza, caste Mughal, resident of Qadian Mughlan, sub-division Batala, District Gurdaspur.

Your presence is essential in order to make reply to the accusation under Section 107 Criminal Procedure Code. Hence you are ordered through this document to present yourself in person or through a duly authorised attorney or as the case may be, at Batala, before the District Magistrate on 10th August 1897. Be strictly enjoined of this.

Signed: Magistrate, District Gurdaspur.

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian

Dr. Clarke’s initial comments on MGA sending Abdul Hameed to murder him

In 1897, MGA sent an Ahmadi (Abdul Hameed) to murder Dr. Clarke.  Thus, Dr. Clarke submitted an official statement to the court of A.E. Martineau, District Magistrate, District Amritsar.  We found this testimony in MGA’s book,. “kitab ul Barriya” (1897), in a Lahori-Ahmadi translation, pages 140-141.  He issued another official statement later on in the case which is also reproduced here.  This case has to do with the FACT that MGA was sending his followers to murder those whom against he (MGA) had issued death prophecies.  MGA was above the law in British-India, hence, he was employing every dirty tactic which he knew to prove his prophecies to be true.

Statement of Doctor Martyn Clarke
I am a medical missionary and live in Amritsar. On 15th July Abdul Hameed came to me and said: “I am a Brahmin of Batala. Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani made me a Muslim. I remained with him as a student for seven years, and arrived at the conclusion that he was a very bad man. Now I want to leave him and become a Christian”. I admitted him. His story did not appeal to me. I started making investigations about him. I came to know that this story was absolutely false. His name was Abdul Hameed, not Abdul Majeed as he had stated. Nor was he a Brahmin of Batala. In fact, he was a born Muslim of the Jhelum area. His paternal uncle, Burhan-ud-Din Ghazi, is a well known religious fanatic. His entire family are zealous followers of Mirza Qadiani. This young man had lived in Gujrat, like those seeking the Christian religion. He stole forty Rupees of his paternal uncle and wasted them in vice. Thereupon his uncle sent him to Mirza Qadiani. I personally went to Beas. Then I enquired from him. He openly admitted before five witnesses that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad had sent him to kill me. He was looking for an opportunity to smash my head with a stone or something similar when he found me asleep or in some other condition. He wrote all these events of his own accord. I produce this written paper which he signed in the presence of eight witnesses. I have known Mirza sahib since the time of the debate which took place in the summer of 1893. I had taken a major part in the debate. This debate took place between him and a very important Christian Abdullah Atham who is dead. I presided over the meeting and on two occasions had acted as debater in place of Mr. Atham. Mirza sahib was deeply aggrieved. Afterwards he predicted the death of all those
who had participated in the debate, and my contribution had been tremendous. Since then his attitude towards me has been very hostile. After the debate the centre of special attention was Mr. Atham. Four separate attempts were made to kill him. During the last two months of the period fixed for his death, a special twenty four hour police guard was posted at Ferozepur. He had to flee from Amritsar to Anbala and from Anbala to Ferozepur, because of the attempts made on his life. These attempts have been generally attributed to Mirza sahib. After his death, I have been in view. In many a veiled manner I have been reminded of this prophecy in Mirza sahib’s books. For this the greatest effort has been the one explained by Abdul Hameed. After Lekhram’s death in Lahore which everybody attributes to Mirza sahib, I had a special reason to believe that some sort of an attempt would be made to kill me. I had gone on leave of absence for three months. On my return, Mirza sahib at once came to know about my arrival and Abdul Hameed reached me. I have sufficient reasons to believe the statement of Abdul Hameed and also to believe that Mirza sahib intends to do harm to me. It has always been the technique of
Mirza sahib that he predicts the death of his opponents.

Signature: A.E. Martineau, District Magistrate.
Read out. Accepted. Signature: A.E. Martineau, District Magistrate.
Statement of Abdul Hameed: I had myself written the sheet of paper presented by Dr. Clarke, and signed it.
Signed by Judge as above

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian


Who is Abdul Hameed?

He was raised by the famous Ahmadi mullah, Maulvi Burhan ud Din from Jehlum(died in 1905).  Burhan ud Din was a member of the “Ahl-e-Hadith”, just like MGA.  Burhan ud Din and other Ahmadi’s radicalized Abdul Hameed and prepared him mentally to commit a murder (Dr. Clarke).  After serving time in jail, per Ahmadiyya sources, he became an Ahmadi (see Nooruddin by Zaf Khan, page, 133).  He was most likely already an Ahmadi and the Ahmadiyya movement is just covering their tracks.

He was brought up as a child by one Sultan Mahmood, an Ahmadi preacher at Jhelum. His mother was married to this Sultan Mahmood and she had been previously the wife of one Luqman, a brother of Sultan Mahmood, on whose decease she contracted the second marriage. Abdul Hameed is said to be the son of Luqman (See Dard, Chapter 57) .  Abdul Hameed showed up at the Church residence of Dr. Clark on the presumption that he wished to convert to Christianity from Islam.  A few weeks later he confessed to Dr. Clark that he had been sent by MGA to murder the said doctor.  The reason might be that Dr. Clark was heavily involved with MGA’s debate vs. Athim.  MGA and his team had extended a death prophecy to Dr. Clark also.  Furthermore, this event happened just a few weeks after Lekh Ram had been brutally murdered after MGA’s death prophecy failed to work on March 6th, 1897.

A venereal disease?
Noorudin and Dr. Clarke report that this Ahmadi had a venereal disease while he was in Qadian.  Abdul Hameed also said that he regularly massaged MGA.

Dr. Henry Martyn Clark (also spelled as Clarke)
He was a Christian missionary working in Amritsar.  He brought a charge, under section 107 I.P.C., against MGA on August 1st, 1897, in the court of Mr. A.E. Martineau, District Magistrate of Amritsar. Dr. Clark stated that MGA had sent a youth, Abdul Hamid, to murder him (See Tadhkirah, the 2009 online edition, page 392).  On the same day a warrant was issued for MGA’s arrest.

August 6th, 1897
The District Magistrate of Amritsar sent a letter wherein he cancelled the arrest warrant.  The case was then transferred to Gurdaspur.

Capt. M. W. Douglas was the District Magistrate of Gurdaspur
He eventually became a colonel.  The enquiry against MGA began on August 10, 1897. In the
preliminary report, Capt. Douglas said on the basis of evidence brought before him that he could not possibly charge MGA with any offense.  Dr. Clark said in the course of his statement before the District Magistrate of Gurdaspur that he had no intention of instituting any criminal proceedings against MGA  until July 31, 1897.

Capt. Douglas delivered judgement on August 23, 1897
He read about MGA’s father and thus gave MGA a chair to sit on while he was in court, wherein Batalvi and other Indian’s were never given anything to sit on.  Batalvi was just a witness in the court case, however, he was talked down upon by Douglas, Douglas even went so far as to insult him.

Abdul Hameed was sentenced
Abdul Hameed seems to have escaped at this point.  However, he was caught later on and he was convicted on September 11th, 1899, and sentenced to nine months rigorous imprisonment whereof 44 days had to be passed in solitary confinement. To Mr. J. R. Drummond it was all a mystery. He was constrained to remark in his judgment:

“”””It is by no means clear what the springs have been that produced this chapter in the obscure history that has cenetred seriously for the past few years round the new religious movement of which Abdul Hamid pretended (falsely as one of my predecessors has held) to be a selected emissary.”””” (See Dard).

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian



Mirza Ghulam Ahmad sent Abdul Hameed to murder Dr. Clark, after Lekh Ram was murdered

Dr. Clark helped Abdullah Athim in the famous 15-day debate of 1893, in fact, the debate was held in Dr. Clark’s house in Amritsar.  Athim died in 1896, Lekh Ram died in 1897 and now a few people remained alive who had opposed MGA.  It seems that MGA sent an undercover Ahmadi to murder Dr. Clark.  Read Abdul Hameed’s testimony in the below, it corresponds to pages 138-139 in the Lahori-Ahmadi translation of Kitab ul Barriya (1897).  This court case happened in 1897.

From “Kitab ul Barriya”, aka “Account of Exoneration” (1897)

Statement of Abdul Hameed
I am the son of Sultan Mahmud who lived in Jhelum. I came to Amritsar about 19 or 20 days ago. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad sahib of Qadian, District Gurdaspur, called me to his house and talked to me. He asked me to go to Dr. Clarke at Amritsar and kill him somehow or other. He knew me already but spoke to me about this affair on that particular day. I agreed that I would do just as he had asked. I did this because I am a Muslim and Dr. Clarke was a Christian. Mirza sahib had told me that it was permissible for a Muslim to kill a Christian.  Then I went to Amritsar with this intention. I went to Dr. Clarke and said that I was first a Hindu, then I became a Muslim and now wanted to become a Christian. I also told him that I had been sent by Mirza
sahib. Dr. Clarke sent me to the hospital where Christians live and receive education. I stayed in Amritsar for four or five days. Then Dr. Clarke sent me to another hospital which is in Beas. Yesterday Dr. Clarke asked me why I had come to Amritsar. Then I disclosed the real truth and said that I had been sent by Mirza sahib to kill Dr. Clarke, but I had now changed my mind. I feel sorry and repent.  I have had this statement written of my own free will. I was a follower of Mirza sahib for two or three months at Qadian, prior to his asking me to go to Amritsar. Before going to Qadian, I have been at Gujrat where a Christian clergyman used to teach me. He wanted to send me to Rawalpindi but Muslims took hold of me and sent me to Mirza sahib. My father was a farmer and a maulvi. He was not a follower of Mirza sahib. After his death, my paternal uncle Burhan-ud-Din brought me up. He lived in Jhelum and was a follower of Mirza sahib.  I had another paternal uncle Luqman. He married my mother after the death of my father. No one was present when Mirza sahib instructed me to go to Amritsar. He took me to a separate room in his house and said this to me. While I was with Mirza sahib I only studied the
Quran. Maulvi Nur-ud-Din taught me. Before that particular day when he asked me to do this job, Mirza sahib liked me very much. But before that he never said anything to me about the murder of Dr. Clarke. Nor did Hakim Nur-ud-Din do so. I do not know if any other man came from Qadian after me. Mirza sahib asked me to kill Dr. Clarke with a stone when I got an opportunity to find him alone. My paternal uncle Burhan-ud-Din was a zealous Muslim. Mirza sahib had told me to come to Qadian after murdering Dr. Clarke. I would be quite safe there. I am Gakhhtar by caste. I am sixteen or seventeen years old.
Read and accepted correct.
1st August 1897.
Seal: True copy, Signature
Head Clerk. Signed.
A.E. Martineau
District Magistrate.

Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian


Mirza Ghulam Ahmad’s announcement of March 22th, 1886

We have extracted an english translation of MGA’s announcement of March 20th, 1886.  We got this data from the 2009 online edition of Tadhkirah, pages 178-179 and 183-184.  This was the second announcement that MGA had published after his 40 days of seclusion.

The Data
“”””In the Announcement of February 20, 1886 made by this humble one…there is a prophecy of the birth of a righteous son possessing the qualities mentioned in the announcement.…
Such a son, according to the divine promise, will surely be born within nine years, soon or late, but certainly within this period.”””

[Announcement of March 22, 1886, Majmu‘ah Ishtiharat, vol. 1, p. 113]

“”””This is not just a prophecy. Indeed, it is a grand heavenly Sign which Almighty God has shown for demonstrating the truth and greatness of the noble, compassionate and merciful Prophet, Muhammad, the Chosen One, peace and blessings of Allah be on him and his people. This Sign is hundreds of times greater and better and more perfect and more exalted and more complete than bringing a dead person back to life. To bring a dead one to life merely means to bring a spirit back to life by supplication to God…the possibility of which many critics question….

In this instance, God the Almighty has, through His great grace and benevolence and through the blessings of Hadrat Khatamul-Anbiya’ [the Seal of the Prophets], peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his people, by accepting the supplications of this humble one, promised to send such a blessed spirit whose manifest and hidden blessings will spread throughout the
earth. It might on the surface appear like bringing to life a dead person but this Sign is hundreds of times better than reviving a dead. Only the soul of the dead is revived through supplication and here, too, a soul has been sought through supplication. But what a tremendous difference there is between those souls and this soul.”””

[Announcement of Monday, March 22, 1886, Majmu‘ah Ishtiharat, vol. 1, pp. 114–115]

Links and Related Essays

More Prophecies in the Words of Ahmad عليه السلام

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiyyaPersecution #trueislam

The origins of the deceptive Ahmadiyya tabligh tactics

Most Ahmadi’s are urged to do tabligh and are brainwashed to live this type of lifestyle.  About 10% of Ahmadi’s become fanatical in this regard.  We have the story of an Ahmadi, Abdul Hameed, who was the nephew of an Ahmadi mullah, Maulvi Burhan-uddin and was sent to Dr. Clarke as an undercover-Ahmadi-assassin (Summer of 1897).  Ahmadiyya sources tell us that this Abdul Hameed eventually became an Ahmadi, which proves that he was an Ahmadi all along and was simply carrying out the orders of MGA.  Just before Abdul Hameed, Lekh Ram was brutally murdered and an Ahmadi doctor (MIrza Yacub Baig) watched him die on his emergency room table at the Mayo Hospital.

Nevertheless, we have a story from Seeratul Mahdi, wherein MGA directed Ahmadi’s to pretend to be Non-Ahmadi’s and thus create a show and scene at a certain village, the plan eventually backfired.  The story is posted.

Seeratul Mahdi Vol-3 page 803-804

“””Mirza Bashir Ahmed writes : “Dr. Mir Muhammad Ismail stated to him that in 1897-98, a few Ahmadi’s from a village near Qadian, came to attend Jalsa Salana and related that some non -ahmadis of their village were very arrogant and do not listen to Ahmadi’s and also do not believe in Hazrat Masih Moud (MGAQ) rather they call him with bad names.

One blind Hafiz namely Muhammad Hussain resident of Dunga district Gujarat, hit upon a plan with them whereby he said he would visit their village and pose himself to be a non ahmadi and would challenge the ahmadis of that village. He would have a fake and preplanned debate with them and he would then loose the debate in the end. In this way non ahmadis would get convinced and would come to their side.

After a couple of days, the blind Hafiz reached the village, stayed at a Muslim Mosjid and threw a challenge of debate to ahmadi /Qadianis of that village.

As per plan, ahmadis came forward and started to debate. After some time the Blind Hafiz, who was actually a disguised Qadiani himself, surrendered and said to muslims that the argument of ahmadis is so strong that he can not continue the debate anymore. However, Muslims got suspicious of him and came to believe that this is a fake debate and that Blind Hafiz was playing trick with them so they start beating the blind Hafiz for his deception. Blind Hafiz had to take refuge in the house of one of the Qadianis of the village to save his life.

The issue came to the knowledge of MGAQ who felt sad to know of this and said they may not be doing like this in future.””””


Links and Related Essays

#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian

Up ↑