Dear readers, as we all know, Ahmadi women are not allowed to vote in the Ahmadiyya Jamaat, they are only allowed to vote for women in their “women’s only auxillory” aka Lajna. However, in the mid-1950’s, the Ahmadiyya Khalifa reserved one seat for women in terms of electing the next Khalifa. The Khalifa carefully picked from his wives and installed the Lajna President. We are not sure how this played out in 1965, 1982 or 2003, since the voting is all private.
Tareekh-e-Ahmadiyya vol. 18 pgs. 169-199 as well as Anwarul Aloom volume 18 pages 245-246.
For details regarding rules of Khalifa election, see the ref in the above. The rules were violated & Mirza Masroor Ahmad has admitted it himself in a Youtube video published by Jama’at.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________The quote from Zafrullah Khan, see pages 333-334
“”””Having in mind the crisis with which the Movement had been confronted on the demise of Khalifatul Masih I, he had already established an Electoral College for the election of a Khalifa, when the sacred office should become vacant by the Khalifa’s death. The college was composed of the following, subject to the essential qualification that every elector must be
a member of the Movement and should be a supporter of the Khilafat:
(I) The surviving sons of the Promised Messiah.
(2) The President of the Sadar Anjuman Ahmadiyya.
(3) All Secretaries of the Sadar Anjuman.
(4) The Director General and the Directors of Tahrik Jadeed.
(5) The President of WaqfJadeed.
(6) The Principal of the Talimul Islam College.
(7) The Headmaster of the Talimul Islam High School.
(8) The President of the Theological Seminary.
(9) The President of Ansarullah.
(10) The President of Khuddamul Ahmadiyya.
(II) Representative of Lajna Imaullah.
(12) Missionaries who had worked abroad for a minimum period of three years.
(13) Missionaries who had worked within Pakistan or India for a minimum period of five years.
(14) Amirs of circles in Pakistan.
(15) Members of the Movement who had joined the Movement in the lifetime of the Founder of the Movement. The total membership of the college is approximately one hundred and fifty.”””””
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Who from Lajna voted in 1965, 1982 and 2003?
This is unknown, the rules may have been amended also. For example, all the sahaba and sons of MGA are dead. Thus, we are unsure who they voted for, or if they ever even voted in 1965, 1982 and 2003. In August of 1958, a wife of the Khalifa became President of Lajna, her name was Maryam Sadiqah. She took over after a wife of the Khalifa had died. The Mirza family kept this job in the family for many years. It is unclear who became the next President of Lajna.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Did this rule change?
Subsequent Khalifa’s may have changed this. It is unclear.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Links and Related Essays
Ahmadiyya “President” for Canada Abdul Aziz Khalifa is a former Lawyer banned to work as an lawyer in Canada for beeing part in a scheme for defrauding mortgage companies in granting Mortgages for the Ahmadiyya “Peace Village” housing complex in Vaughan Ontario
#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian