Just today, I was asked to review a video for a cousin of mines. He keeps arguing that Muslims called MGA a great scholar and he was exactly that. He continues to argue that MGA was a great scholar of Islam by 1890 and was very famous as such. He then posted a video that was collected by Kashif Chaudhry, who is a famous Ahmadi-immigrant to the USA who is bent on affecting Pakistani politics so that Ahmadis may benefit. Since his father was an employee of the Mirza family and he was brainwashed as such. So I watched the video and here are my thoughts.
1. In the first 25 seconds…
He says “bad-kismat”…..he says that it was BAD LUCK that MGA forcibly appeared on the scene and readily wanted to debate other religions.
Insinuations: MGA was a Sunni-Muslim at the time. Local Muslims knew him, however, he was never any imam at any public mosque, nor was he a scholar of any repute by 1885.
2. he then says, because of this forcible entry onto the Islamic discussion scene in India…MGA gained some popularity…
3. he then says…because of MGA’s attempt at defending Islam in the mid-1880’s…even Maulvi Amritsari respected him for his work…since most Muslims were being exploited in British-India. Many Muslims took a good view towards MGA uptil 1891…
4. Even Allama-Iqbal was fooled by Ahmadiyya….he was fooled by the arguments and perception of MGA as a defender of Islam….However, the reality was much much different.
5. then, very abruptly…the video ends….
This is another case of academic dishonesty…
So the 2nd video starts at 1:23.
6. The 2nd person says the same thing…in the 1880’s…MGA was representing Islam in India as he took on different debates…
This guy says that MGA won 70 debates…however, this is untrue. MGA never even had a public debate before 1891…and he never won any of them…in fact, Lekh Ram visited Qadian in 1885-86 and MGA refused to face him. Moreover, even with Athim…it was a debate via written letters….MGA never debated anyone in person…he and his team would write….even in 1891 vs, Batalvi…So…some of this video seems to be inaccurate in typical Punjabee exaggeration standards…either that…or this person has gotten bad info…He also says that MGA was a firm believer in the finality of prophethood…So he finished the clip and purposely doenst show the full clip…It seems to me that he was saying that MGA had the full support of the govt and made it look like he won every debate…
Insinuation: til 1901
7. The 3rd person starts and says that MGA was tirelessly working day and night defending Islam…..
Insinuation: The ulema knew that there were issues with MGA…however, they remained quiet. IN fact, Batalvi stuck his neck out on the line for MGA and vouched for him….
He continues and says that MGA had the marketing down…..he had marketed himself not with TV or radio…(which were the biggest tools at the time of this speech).
Similarly, the US pushed Social Security onto the American public in the 1920’s thru newspapers and propoganda…He is talking about marketing of non-profits in a capitalistic environment!!!
8. He then concludes by calling the average Muslim in Pakistan as a fraud. (Which is true).
Insinuation: this the pakistani style of saying look…MGA is bad..and he was still doing better work then our own people…this is a cultural motivational technique…
9. Then…a new video appears….they ask was Allama Iqbal a Qadiani???
10. Allama Iqbal also praised MGA in the 1890’s….and even later…
Insinuation: MGA fooled many people and he continues to do so in Africa and other countries where people are poor
11. So the story of Allama Iqbal is inconclusive…and Dr. Israr says exactly that…we dont know if he was ever officially an Ahmadi……..at 4:41
Insinuation: Allah iqbal didnt realize how bad Ahmadiyya was til the 1930’s…he was mortified and thus spoke out….
12. they then begin arguing and its hard to understand, however, its obvious that MGA fooled many people…
13. Dr Israr then says that in the 1880’s…MGA, as a Sunni-Musim won debates with Hindus….
HOwever, this is untrue…MGA never debated anyone face-to-face….
14. He then says…Muslims didnt study the Bible…or the Torah…ho could the average Imam in British-India discuss any of these issues?
15. Finally, it is stated that even Sir Syed Ahmad Khan had told the Muslims of India to leave MGA alone…MGA was crazy.
IN fact, Sir Syed tried to show MGA love and even invited MGA to speak at his university in Aligarh…however, MGA refused at the last minute… (1890)
16. Ahmadis have spread mis-information aka propaganda for over 100 years. This video is just another attempt at professional lying by the brainwashed section of Ahmadiyya.