Please accept my apologies for the long title. The events of 1937 in Qadian went all the way to the Governor of the Punjab and the Governor-General (Viceroy) of India. Recently released documents by the Indian government show that:
- Abdur Rahman Masri and Fakhruddin Multani did accuse Mirza Mahmud of moral turpitude of a sexual nature
- Mirza Mahmud had no response but to incite violence against them up to the point that the Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur was thinking about charging him.
- Incitement led directly to the murder of Fakhruddin Multani
- Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur had to threaten Mirza Mahmud in order to get his tone down and renounce violence
- Masri and Multani were guarded by police and authorities advised them to leave Qadian for their own safety
- Section 144 (unlawful assembly) was imposed in Qadian for many days and mass prosecution under section 107 (incitement, same charge that was brought against Mirza Ghulam Ahmad) was contemplated