MGA was drugging all of his followers with opium and other drugs. Back in those days, people prayed for cures. since technology wasn’t advanced yet. People would take medicines from their religious peers and see it as a sign of God, if they were cured. Read my other essays here:
MIRZA GHULAM QADIYANI
OPIUM OR QUININE ?
Sahibzada Sirajul Haq in his book Tazkiratul Mahdi at page no 10 part 1 writes that:-
“””It was the month of Ramazan when I got severe toothache Hakim Nooruddin and Dr. Abdullah gave and applied many medicines but to no avail. When the pain increased and condition deteriorated, next morning I went to Hazrat Sb (MGAQ), Hazrat sb got restless to see my condition. He opened his “Sandooq” (wooden box) and picked out a bottle of Quinine. He put few grams on his hand, mixed little water into it and rolled it over palm to make it into a pill (goli). Then he put the pill into my mouth with his own hand and asked me to swallow it. He filled water in a glass and presented to me and said drink the water. Then he said Quinine is a cure for all diseases. Allah will cure u too with it.So I got well within a couple of minutes.
Afterward once I got the same pain i had quinine myself but that did not work. So I perceived that it was the hand of hazrat sb that cured not the Quinine.”””
What is Quinnine??
Quinine can cause serious side effects on your heart, kidneys, or blood cells. Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor immediately if you have the following symptoms:
- Headache with chest pain and severe dizziness
- Fast or pounding heartbeats
- Unusual bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums, purple or red spots under your skin) signs of infection (fever, chills, mouth sores)
- Severe lower back pain
- Blood in your urine
You should not take quinine if you haven taken quinine in the past, and it caused a blood cell disorder or severe bleeding. Quinine should not be used if you have any of the following conditions:
- Long QT syndrome (a heart rhythm disorder)
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a genetic enzyme deficiency)
- Myasthenia gravis (a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease)
- Optic neuritis (inflammation of the nerves in your eyes)
To make sure quinine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart disease or a heart rhythm disorder
- Low levels of platelets in your blood
- Low potassium levels in your blood (hypokalemia)
- Liver or kidney disease
Pregnancy and Quinine
It is not known whether quinine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Quinine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan on breastfeeding.
Efficacy and safety in children under the age of 16 has not been proven, so consult your doctor before using in children.