John Nicol Farquhar (6 April 1861 – 17 July 1929) was a Scottish educational missionary to Calcutta, and an Orientalist. He is one of the pioneers who popularised the Fulfilment theology in India that Christ is the crown of Hinduism, though, Fulfilment thesis in Bengal was built on foundation originally laid in Madras by William Miller. He authored several books on Hinduism, notably, The Crown of Hindustan, A Primer of Hinduism, Gita and Gospel, and many alike.
- The Apostle Thomas in South India (1927)
- The Apostle Thomas in North India. Bulletin of the John Rylands Library 10 (1926): 80-111.
- The Fighting Ascetics of India (1925)
- An Outline of the Religious Literature of India (1920)
- Modern Religious Movements in India (1915)
- A Primer of Hinduism (1914)
- The Crown of Hinduism (1913)
- The Approach of Christ to Modern India (1913)
- Gita and Gospel (1906)
- Permanent Lessons of the Gita (1903)
His book on Ahmadiyya (1915)
On page 144 of his book on Ahmadiyya, he writes that MGA died of Cholera. This is interesting….we have an independent voice in India telling us that MGA died of Cholera.
(see page 144, (https://books.google.com/books?id=dwceAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA144&lpg=PA144&dq=A+Revealed+Cure+for+the+Bubonic+Plague&source=bl&ots=lFh1C_yejr&sig=4CZ7GjAatAICtlfPCWHPc2o_m3w&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsveHZ7NbQAhUKKiYKHZONBs4Q6AEIITAC#v=onepage&q=A%20Revealed%20Cure%20for%20the%20Bubonic%20Plague&f=false)
“his (MGA’s) own death from cholera in 1908 formed a fitting climax to this series of fraudulent impostures”
The ROR of Sep-1912 quotes Farquhar
See page 393. He knew the Ahmadiyya community very well. They never objected to his comments about MGA dying of cholera.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Links and Related Essays
#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian