Mirza Ghulam Ahmad announced in 1879 that he was raising money for his arguments in support of Islam (see Dard, it is unclear where these were published, by what newspaper?). The book was finally published some time in 1880. Ahmadiyya leadership lies and claims that the book was already fully written and MGA only published a portion of it. The reality is that MGA had ghost-writers at this time, he thus dictated the contents of this book and seems to have had help from friends like Sufi Ahmad Jan and a few others. In the BA2, MGA quoted 18:109 (18:110, in the Ahmadi quran)(see also 31:27, the verse is identical) and says that “”Say, ‘If the ocean became ink for the words of my Lord, surely, the ocean would be exhausted before the words of my Lord came to an end, even though We brought the like thereof as further help.’. Thus, MGA was arguing from the Quran that Allah will continue talking (prophethood) to Muslims until the Day of Judgement and this Islam was superior to all other religions. In volume 3, MGA quoted 9:32, and essentially was claiming prophethood for himself.
There were many announcements about this book. In 1908, Miraj-ud Din Umar wrote a short biography about MGA in this book also, which was removed in future editions. Mi‘raj-ud-Din’s biography (1908) is also quoted by Walter in the 1916-1918 era as he wrote his lengthy review of MGA’s and his Ahmadiyya Movement (see pages 14-15).
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was the classic punjabi fraudster. He had promised the Muslims of the Indian sub-continent 300 arguments in favor of Islam in roughly 1878. However, he only delivered one argument, and that argument was his claim of prophethood, which immediately got him declared as a Kafir by the ulema in India.
The Ahl-e-Hadith Muslims of North India tore up the Barahin-i-Ahmadiyya and sent it back to Qadian in that state (1884-1885 era), these were the Muslims who had invested heavily in the publishing of the Barahin. MGA stopped at one argument and even that was incomplete, see the quote in the below. In 1886, in Surmah Chashmay Arya, MGA again asserted that the Barahin was ready to be published, however, funds were needed. For the next 20 years, this promise remained broken. In 1906-1907 (See Haqiqatul Wahy), MGA and his team of writers of spoke about the creation of Barahin-i-Ahmadiyya Vol. 5. However, it was not completed or published in MGA’s life.
After MGA died, Noorudin (who was the main ghost writer) wrote BA-5 and had it published in October of 1908, he added that MGA promised 50 volumes and 50=5. MGA didn’t write this at all. In fact, BA-5 isn’t even a continuation of BA 1-4, it is altogether a new book and in-fact contains 3-4 small booklets which were mashed together to create BA-5, one of which is Nusrat ul Haq and at least 40 pages of nonsensical poetry.
In 1916, M. Ataur Rahman translated 8 pages of Barahin-i-Ahmadiyya, Part 1-2 into english via the ROR of June-1916. This would correspond to pages roughly 127-139. The ROR of March-1932 has about 6 pages translated into english, this would correspond with page 134 of the online english edition.
Barahin-i-Ahmadiyya Vol. 1-4 was re-published in 1900 (see BA3, online english edition, see page 1), the third edition was published in 1905. Most of the announcements were added in 1900 and 1905.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Where was it published?
The proprietor of the press wherein the BA1–4 was published was a Christian gentleman named Rajib Ali (See ROR, english, November 1912, page 475). It was thus published from the Safir-e-Hind Press, Amritsar.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________There was also a small biography of MGA in the BA1-2, added in 1908 and removed afterwards
This biography was totally omitted from the BA1-2 after this first edition.
Supplement to BA1, Vol. 1 by M’erajuddin Umar, page 82, as quoted in “Qadianism, a critical study” by Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi, 6th edition of 1980, online edition
“”This humble slave (the author of BA) has been appointed by the glorious almighty to strive for the reform of God’s creatures and to show to the ignorant the straight path (which leads to true salvation and by following which the light of heavenly existence and of divine pleasure and graciousness can be experienced even in this world) in the manner of the Israelite Prophet of Nazareth (messiah) with utmost humility and self-denial, self-abasement and gentleness. It is for this purpose that Barahin-i-Ahmadiyya has been written, of which 37 parts have been published. Its summary is to be found in the announcement enclosed with this letter. But since the publication of the whole book would require a long time, it has been decided that this letter along with the English announcement should be published and one copy of each sent to the honourable priests of the Punjab, India and England and other countries wherever possible””
“””Ghulam Ahmad loved sugar-candy very much. He also suffered from urinary trouble. He stuffed his pocket with pieces of dry clay (which were used to clean excrement) presuming they were nuggets of sugar-candy. This shows how be relished the candy. Sometimes he gobbled clay-pieces taking them to be sugar”” (‘See Ahwal.ul-Ghulam, Compiled by Mirajuddin in the supplement to Baraheen-i-Ahmadiyya, Vol. I, p.67)(See also “Qadiyaniat, an Analytical Survey” by Ehsan Elahi Zaheer, 21st edition, 1984).
______________________________________________________________________________________________The announcements were added later to make the book seem bigger
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad starts off his career as a book-writer by inserting an announcement in BA-Vol. 1. This announcement tells how MGA is in so much of a difficulty in getting this book published, MGA complains of the cost and etc etc etc, however, MGA could have used his own money to fund this book and thus solved all of these problems. However, as we know, MGA never spent his own money, he always spent other people’s money.
MGA then proceeds to give a list of donors. MGA goes on to write 9 pages of begging for money and additional names of donors. MGA had promised 300 arguments in support of Islam, however, he has just wasted 20+ pages with silly announcements and etc.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________The first few pages of this book are in Arabic
Hani Tahir explains how the introduction to the BA1-2 was initially in arabic (at the 15:04 mark). This can be found in the new online english edition, they have also given a english translation. However, they don’t indicate how this is an arabic rambling, MGA most likely had an arabic scribe write this for him, wherein MGA dictated.
The arabic script
“”””In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. Holy are You. How vigorous is Your argument! All Greatness belongs to You. All Might belongs to You. The whole world is weak; all power belongs to You. You are the One, Independent and Besought of all who is Unique in
the essence of Your Being and Unique in Your grace and munificence. Your wisdom is great; Your argument has become evident; Your bounty has been perfected; Your mercy encompasses all. You are far above every defect and shortcoming. Your station is beyond all disgrace and dishonour.
You alone are unique and peerless in respect to the exaltedness of Your Being and perfection of Your Attributes. You are free from every trace of weakness and shortcoming. We praise You for Your favour upon us in sending down a Book in which there is no doubt, no error, no omission. You have revealed with it, for us error-prone ones, the way of truth, knowledge and wisdom. You have guided us by Your grace, generosity and beneficence. Without Your guidance, O Gracious Lord, we would be lost.
We beseech You to send down Your blessings on Your Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, through whom You saved us from the path of misguidance and transgression and delivered us from the darkness of sightlessness and deprivation. He it is who caused the True Faith to prevail over every other faith. His followers are cleansed of every kind of shirk [polytheism], innovation and transgression. His shariah excels in every verity, wisdom and proof. He is the devoted servant whom You created for Your love and [for establishing] Your Oneness. You
made the remembrance of Your holiness and Your glory dearer to him than his own self. You sent him as the ‘Mercy for all the worlds,’ a living argument against the disbelievers, a shining lamp for seekers after truth, a beckoner towards Allah for those who are in search of truth,
a bearer of glad tidings for believers and a perfect man for everyone to behold. He brought the Book that encompasses all laws based on wisdom and guides towards the realization of all spiritual blessings. He perfected the intellectual and practical faculties of many, adorning them with morals that please God, and cleansed them of the impurities of human nature. Thus, through his teachings, they excelled in all branches of true and certain knowledge, and were enraptured in their love for God, the One, and became eager to behold His Holy Countenance and His Holy Manifestations. O Allah! Send Your blessings upon him and all his brethren—the Messengers and Prophets— and upon his blessed and virtuous progeny, and upon his righteous and truthful Companions.”””
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Then, MGA inserts his silly poetry. 20 pages of persian poetry. And no arguments in support of Islam.
In MGA’s poetry, his claim of being equal to Muhammad (saw) exists
This is very interesting, in MGA’s poetry, he writes about prophets, and how prophets are sent to all people and the need for prophets and etc etc.
“””He is Ahmad of the latter days,..”
_______________________________________________________________________________________________Ahmad of the latter days?
Who is the Ahmad of the latter days? See, in this instance, MGA is actually referring to himself as the Muhammad (saw) of the latter days. MGA goes on to make arguments for the importance of divine revelation—in other words, he is making a case for his own divine revelations.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________MGA then writes a 2-page essay on his arguments–with huge FONT
Since MGA is a terrible writer at this point in his life, he proceeds to use HUGE FONT as he writes a 2-page diatribe on “arguments” and how someone should respond to his arguments and etc etc. Its really nonsense.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Then the book ends
This entire book is garbage, MGA filled it up with his silly poetry and announcements, there is no content.
Links and Related Essay’s
Can Mirza Ghulam Ahmad’s prophethood be proven from the Quran?
#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #trueislam
July 26, 2018 at 7:48 pm
I am an Ahmadi Muslim. We are blessed to be under the guidance of Khilafat and to be followers of the Promised Messiah (Peace Be Upon Him), along with the knowledge of the true teachings of our Beloved Holy Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah Be Upon Him). It is disrespectful in the regard that you imply hatred and nonacceptance of Ahmadi Muslims in this article. I humbly advise you to read several of The Promised Messiah’s books such as: The Philosophy of The Teachings of Islam, Nishane-e-Asmani, Asmani-Faisala, Noah’s Ark, and the five volumes of Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya.
July 26, 2018 at 7:54 pm
1. You aren’t blessed. You are brainwashed and robbed of your money.
2. I was an Ahmadi for 35 years. I know Ahmadiyya. I have read 50+ books by MGA and his team and 1000 additional books on Ahmadiyya. Even from Lahori-Ahmadi authors. So give it a rest.
3. I have read all of the Braheen’s, except vol. 5, which is still in urdu. And FYI..MGA didn’t have anything to do with BA5, Noorudin wrote it.
4. Finally, I wrote an extended review…you didn’t comment on any of that data. Is it bigotry?
August 9, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Assalamu Alaikum. My apologies for not greeting with Salam during my previous comment.
Here is my feedback on your responses:
1. Sure that thought is up to you since anyone is entitled to hold their own opinions. However just to clear the idea of “to be blessed”, I am not calling myself blessed just for the fact that I am an Ahmadi Muslim, because it is Allah Who knows deep in the hearts and Who is the Master and Judge of all decisions. From the sayings of The Holy Prophet (sa), no individual has the superiority over another. So it is not in our respective right as Muslims to call someone blessed or not because it is not we who are the judges of peoples faith. What I am saying is that our Jama’at is blessed to be in the path of the True Islam and direct guidance through Khilafat. Please read below.
In the books, have you not read a single revelation that came true for The Promised Messiah (as). From false murder accusations, court trials, death threats, protection from the plague, there are hundreds of revelations bestowed upon on The Promised Messiah (as) on how he would be safeguarded from the disbelievers, all which is recorded in great depth in his books. How can someone still remain in the darkness and claim all of this to a mere conspiracy or way of luck? It was a prophecy from the time of our Beloved Holy Prophet (sa) that there will come a Messiah, who will be of Persian Decent, who will be the reformer of the latter days, and it will be his Jama’at that will hold the truth until the Day of Judgement. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) prophesied that the Promised Messiah (as) would be raised near a white minaret, east of Damascus. This prophecy was fulfilled with the advent of the Promised Messiah (as) from Qadian, India, a city directly east of Damascus.
Has anyone not realized that there were countless enemies back then who held the same beliefs as the enemies today, who tried to prove this Jama’at wrong, who tried to annihilate The Promised Messiah’s (as) presence, who went so far as to spending their entire life and cause in the hopes of destroying this Jama’at. And what was the outcome… no one succeeded. None could touch or even come close to the Irrefutable, Undeniable, Truthful arguments of The Promised Messiah (as). And look now, if it seems to people that this Jama’at is not blessed, then why hasn’t our Jama’at stopped from growing? Why hasn’t it stopped from preaching to others, or having hundreds of thousands of converts each year (over 500,000 this year), or holding peace conferences, or reaching global audiences through the use of Media around the world? It is because it was the prophecy, “I shall cause thy message to reach the corners of the earth”.
2. I don’t understand this response at all. In other words……what now? Are you in a state of full submission to Allah and living in the realm of spiritual comfort now that you have stepped out of Jama’at Ahmadiyya? Clearly, this a vague, non-credible statement you are saying by being an Ahmadi for 35 years, having read all the books, and yet still you are holding doubts after so many prophecies within the book were fulfilled, while none of The Promised Messiah’s (as) arguments contradicted The Holy Quran. Indeed, there seems to be some other source which mislead you out of the Jama’at. If not, then what is your belief or current stance in Islam now?
I look forward to hearing an intellectual argument from you; one that has not been answered by The Promised Messiah (as), one that has enough power to erase the entire stance of our Jama’at, (ex. The Concept of Reason and Revelation, Philosophy of Islam, Misconceptions in the Context of The Holy Quran, etc.). This task will not be possible. Good Luck.
3) I don’t understand this response either. What does this have to do with anything? For the sake of argument, even if a work was to be continued by a Khalifa, what made someone believe that the writings would be false and would contradict the Prophet’s own words? It’s through Divine guidance that has caused this Jama’at to spread and win the hearts as it has been promised. For simplicity and easing people’s confusion, I kindly ask you to please read this link: http://ahmadianswers.com/ahmad/allegations/writings/volumes/
4) As an Ahmadi Muslim, we do not question the decisions or actions by a Prophet of Allah. You seem to understand little about some of the context in many books such as; the conditions of the time, publishing costs, names of those who sacrificed their wealth or bought large quantities of books to distribute, or those who partook in the scheme of publishing magazines, one of them is Review of Religions, which has started since 1902. Please also take a look at this link: https://www.alislam.org/library/articles/introducing-books-promised-messiah/
August 10, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Firstly, you didn’t comment on this topic at all, which is about Braheen-e-Ahmadiyya vol.-1. You totally avoided it, in typical Qadiani fashion. Secondly, you gave the Qadiani scripted 1st grade level of arguments. SMH…nonetheless, a refutation is given.
1. Thanks for admitting that no one is blessed. It’s too hard to figure out. Is Donald Trump blessed? See, your argument collapses easily.
1.a. Then you wrote:
“””In the books, have you not read a single revelation that came true for The Promised Messiah (as). From false murder accusations, court trials, death threats, protection from the plague, there are hundreds of revelations bestowed upon on The Promised Messiah (as) on how he would be safeguarded from the disbelievers, all which is recorded in great depth in his books. How can someone still remain in the darkness and claim all of this to a mere conspiracy or way of luck? “””
1.b. None of MGA’s opium induced dreams came true, have you heard of the Muhammadi Begum saga?
1.c. MGA was above the law in British India, hence, he was acquitted of all crimes, even when he admitted fault. See here: https://ahmadiyyafactcheckblog.com/?s=above+the+law and here: https://ahmadiyyafactcheckblog.com/2017/07/16/mirza-ghulam-ahmad-was-bailed-out-of-prison-in-1904-well-almost/
1.d. See, you have underestimated by scholarship on Ahmadiyya. And what about Mormonism? Scientology? Why are these non-profit corporations growing? And what about Jehova Witnesses?
1.e. You wrote:
“””It was a was a prophecy from the time of our Beloved Holy Prophet (sa) that there will come a Messiah, who will be of Persian Decent, who will be the reformer of the latter days, and it will be his Jama’at that will hold the truth until the Day of Judgement. “”
1.e. There is no such prophecy…you have been lied to. What you are trying to refer to is hadith about Salman the Farsi. However, no where in that hadith was messiah, mahdi or prophet related.
You seem to be a rookie or a very BASIC Ahmadi. And its obvious you haven’t read the counter arguments.
1.f. Then you wrote:
“”The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) prophesied that the Promised Messiah (as) would be raised near a white minaret, east of Damascus. This prophecy was fulfilled with the advent of the Promised Messiah (as) from Qadian, India, a city directly east of Damascus.”””
1.f. You have twisted another hadith…the hadith stated that Esa (As) only, would descend just east of Damascus, not 1000+ miles east or west. And MGA was forced to build a minaret, since there were none in Qadian.
1.g. Then, you continue in your stupidty and write:
“”Has anyone not realized that there were countless enemies back then who held the same beliefs as the enemies today, who tried to prove this Jama’at wrong, who tried to annihilate The Promised Messiah’s (as) presence, who went so far as to spending their entire life and cause in the hopes of destroying this Jama’at. And what was the outcome… no one succeeded. None could touch or even come close to the Irrefutable, Undeniable, Truthful arguments of The Promised Messiah (as). And look now, if it seems to people that this Jama’at is not blessed, then why hasn’t our Jama’at stopped from growing? Why hasn’t it stopped from preaching to others, or having hundreds of thousands of converts each year (over 500,000 this year), or holding peace conferences, or reaching global audiences through the use of Media around the world? It is because it was the prophecy, “I shall cause thy message to reach the corners of the earth”.”””
1.g. What about Christianity? why hasnt anyone stopped that? What about Hindusim? See….your arguments are stupid and non-sensical. This is why people were never given freedom of religion…because people are stupid and dumb and would create their own religions and etc.
2. I am just a Muslim, I don’t do sectarianism. I go to whatever mosque I feel like, and don’t follow any imams. Is that clear?
3. Ok..i dont understand your response here, be more clear. The split in the Ahmadiyya movement proves that the mirza family took over and raped their followers for money and labor. I have read those links…what do you want me to respond to specifically?
4. That’s exactly my point…you idiots never questioned MGA, thats the biggest problem here. Nowadays, you won’t question the Khalifa, so not much has changed. Muslims questioned Muhammad (saw) all the time…thats why hadith exist.
4.a. Muhammad ALi was the editor of the ROR…he told the world that Qadianism was a family business 12 years after this newspaper started.
August 20, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Alright Then @ Ahmadiyyafactcheckblog
It seems that you are firm in your decision being against Jama’at Ahmadiyyat. I will not continue this argument any further because there is no point in clarifying misconceptions when you are going to disbelieve regardless or spend your time inciting hatred towards us. Our way is Love For All Hatred For None. We do not speak against anyone or ever promote hatred, our purpose is Tabligh through peaceful methods. It is other Muslims like yourself who initiate these schemes against us, and our soul purpose is not to retaliate or speak against, but to deal these issues through peaceful ways and through prayers.
People back in history did not believe, as was the case from those who denied the Prophets of Allah. And it was they who were the losers of the earth. And now we see this in the form of all the sects of Muslims who together enjoin in one decision, and that is to call us Kafirs. When did it ever come in Islamic teaching that Muslims can publicly call others kafirs? It seems that many Muslims are going against the teachings of Islam as to call us Kafirs. We believe in the five pillars of Islam, we live our lives through reciting the Kalima. How then can you call us Non-Muslims when we clearly believe in these Islamic Principles? You do not have the capacity to read someone’s heart or mind and declare them to be a Non-Muslim after they claim to believe in the Kalima, because it is only Allah who knows what is in the Hearts.
Let it be clear, that we only deal with issues through means of peace, prayer, and from the teachings of the Holy Quran. We do not call others Kafirs regardless of what their opinions are because it is not in our teaching to Judge others. We do not incite hatred, and we do not spread messages of hatred and falsity of other faiths or sects like you intend to do of us. We believe in the Kalima, we believe in The Holy Prophet (SA) as being Khataman Nabiyyeen (Seal of the Prophets). We believe in The Promised Messiah (as) as being the reformer who was a Non-Law bearing Prophet and being a servant of The Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. But somehow, Muslims completely take this out of context and think that we believe in a new prophet with a new superior teaching. This is wrong. We believe that The Promised Messiah (as) came to revive the teachings of Islam which was becoming dead through the age of time and people. Please look at this link: https://www.alislam.org/library/book/truth-about-ahmadiyyat/claim-promised-messiah/.
You are probably realizing that I am not answering your questions, not because I can’t, there is a sea of knowledge in our Jama’at, it is because I am trying to refresh the simple teachings of Islam as to what is right and wrong. You don’t believe in our Jama’at, fine that is up to you. You will eventually try to find more and more things to argue back. But your efforts of spreading messages of hatred and non-acceptance of Ahmadis as well as Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) needs to stop because it is already contrary to Islamic teachings to call others as Non-Muslims, which you seem to enjoy doing.
So overall, we believe in The Promised Messiah (as) and you don’t. We don’t call anyone abusive things or argue for the purpose of humiliating others. But on the other hand, this seems to be the only resort which other sects seem to speak of us. Am I wrong?
I will not debate anymore.
August 20, 2018 at 7:26 pm
You proved my #1 point vs. Ahmadiyya, i.e. Ahmadi’s wont take the time to thoroughly analyze Ahmadiyya, they run from discussions, and use ready made arguments, without researching for themselves.
1. Love for All and Hatred for None only started in 1980. I bet you didn’t know that. Further, the first generation of Rabwah born Ahmadi’s attacked a train full of teenagers and beat them bloody. Maybe you didn’t know? Look it up. Further, in 1947, your Khalifa authorized violent Jihad. Did you know? So stop playing victim. Moreover, in 1937, an Ahmadi killed an Ex-Ahmadi in broad daylight in Qadian. Did you know? See you are probably ignorant of all these things.
2. Your tabligh is not peaceful, you push your agenda onto to others. You consider religious freedom as the right to prostelize. That’s false, religous freedom is only in terms of practice, not tabligh. In fact, in 1974, young Ahmadi’s were doing tabligh, then they planned an attack. So, there is the proof that Ahmadi’s shouldnt be allowed to do tabligh. Your tabligh is offensive. Its like selling pork in Pakistan. Its banned.
3. Then you claim that Muslims are being punished because we denied MGA as a prophet, and you give the examples of other prophets. Firstly, you arent suppose to compare prophets, there are many hadith in this regard. Prophets were all different and have different rules. Further, the messiah wasnt supposed to be rejected by Muslims, we was supposed to be unanimously accepted and he would end christianity and judaism, which MGA didnt. Further, the imam mahdi would conquer the world, and these 2 people would work together. But you dont know any of these things. So what should we do?
4. Ahmadi’s called all Muslims as Kafirs from 1906 to 1923. The lahori-ahmadis split with you guys on this very topic. Maybe you didnt know. Further, the NA of 1974 declared you as non-muslim, in fact, the mirza family wanted to be declared as non-muslim, for asylum cases and etc. and to move your headquarters out of rabwah. Its an inside job, so stop it.
5. You add MGA into the Kalima, thats the issue. You consider MGA=Muhammad and vice versa. This is the issue. And you consider us Kafir since we reject your prophet, you even quoted the quran.
I just covered all of your silly questions and assertions. If you need the refs, LMK…if not, bounce.
August 22, 2018 at 7:49 pm
I’m afraid you’re reading biased point of views about our Jama’at written by Non-Ahmadis or those clerics who tried to convince you otherwise through false notations and wrong reasons. On the day of Judgement, then we will see which Jama’at appears victorious. Wasalaam.
August 23, 2018 at 2:34 am
That is the most classical answer from the Ahmadi’s. This is when someone is in full denial.
Be a man and go through our arguments.