MGA, his close family left Qadian for Lahore on 27th April 1908 and arrived in Lahore on the 29th. This was the first time that MGA had left Qadian since November of 1905. This was summer and the plague wasn’t raging as it had been in the winters of 1902–1908. Noorudin, Syed Muhammad Ahsan Amrohi and Mufti Muhammad Sadiq came a few days later, in fact, the entire office of the Al-Badr was also moved to Lahore. MGA’s entourage arrived at Ahmadiyya Buildings, which was owned by Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah, on the 29th of April, 1908, MGA and his family, (wife, 2 sons, 2 daughters, many attendants). Initially, he was staying at the house of Khwaja Kamaluddin (also on the property of Dr. Hussain), however, after just a few days, MGA moved to a different house of Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain, this happened most likely because the women didn’t get along with each other. Nevertheless, congregational prayers (led by someone other than MGA) would be offered on the rooftop of Khawaja Sahib’s (Aziz building) house. During the first few days, MGA and his family leisured around the house and etc. There was a narrow lane between two houses and they were linked thru a wooden bridge at the upper part. When MGA and his family moved out, while Molvi Nuruddin and Ahsan Amrohi and other Mullahs remained at Aziz building. It is reported in Badr, 30th April 1908 (p. 6), that an Eid Milad-un-Nabi function was held at Ahmadiyya Buildings, Lahore, on 14th April. Noorudin led the Eid Khutbah, as he normally did. MGA received many visitors, in the next 30-40 days. On the evening of May 25th, 1908 (Sunday), MGA went out for a small sight seeing adventure with his wife only, no kids. As soon as MGA returned and had dinner, he had an attack of diarrhea.
MGA’s death narrative

Chronologically, the Al-Badr of June 2nd, 1908 is the first source of information on the death narrative for Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Mufti Muhammad Sadiq was the editor and he gives very little details in terms of the night that MGA died. He claims to have been present as soon as there was trouble with MGA’s health, however, this is unclear, per the Ahmadiyyafactcheckblog, Mufti Muhammad Sadiq was sleeping in the same building as Noorudin, and Syed Muhammad Ahsan Amrohi (Khwaja Kamaluddin’s house, which was right next door to MGA), he must have been called over after Dr. Mirza Yacub Beg was called and after the injection was stabbed into MGA’s heart. After the injection, MGA died, per the research of this blog, which combines all the narratives, at that point, MGA’s body was moved to the garden area (4am). At that point, it seems that Mufti Muhammad Sadiq came and sat down next to MGA’s dead body.

Secondly, MGA’s death narrative was discussed by the Khalifa in his book of 1916, entitled “Hazrat Ahmad” which gave the death story of MGA, this book was only in Urdu and was translated into english in 1917 (since then there have been 4-5 editions). It should be noted that the original editions of this book are missing. The references that we give are to the 1998 edition of ‘Hazrat Ahmad” which is heavily edited, for example, they edited MGA’s year of birth and many others things over the years, the 1998 edition is the 4-5 edition covering 80 years. The Khalifa only mentions one attack of diarrhea on the night of May 25th, however, his younger brother tells us about 4-5 attacks, and we assume that MGA’s feces must having spilled all over his bed, he also mentions how MGA was given an injection by some doctor (the name is not given) and then fell asleep. In reality, MGA probably died at 0030 on the morning of May 26th, 1908, right after getting this injection. It should be noted that MGA was conscious up to the point wherein he got he injection, which means that he made his famous “I have cholera” statement before the injection. Nevertheless, the contents of this injection are unknown. The third source of information comes from Dr. Mirza Yacub Beg (in 1923), who reports that he arrived on the scene at about 2am, at which point MGA was sitting on a toilet and was suffering from extreme diarrhea. The fourth source is from Mirza Bashir Ahmad also mentions the injection. Mirza Bashir Ahmad (who was 14-15 at the time and a witness)(in Seeratul Mahdi, 1935), explains how his mother told him how at roughly 10pm on May 25th, 1908, after MGA had went out touring the city of Lahore with his wife. MGA was eating  at the dinner table and passed diarrhea, his wife then probably cleaned up MGA and moved him to an adjoining room, MGA’s wife then massaged him. MGA then slept for probably an hour or so and so did she. MGA again had a diarrhea attack (roughly 11pm), it must have spilled everywhere, all over the bed, MGA didn’t even tell his wife, she woke up to MGA moving around and then she must have smelled MGA and thus quickly cleaned up the bed (charpai) as best as she could, she also cleaned up MGA as best as she could, she then continued to massage MGA, and praying that he is OK. However, these types of diarrhea attacks were normal for MGA. Then, all of a sudden about 30 minutes later at 11:30, MGA passed diarrhea again, it must have spilled everywhere again, all over MGA’s bed and the floor. MGA seemed to be fine again, his wife continued massaging his feet and etc. At about 11:45 MGA passed diarrhea again and he also vomiting this time. The entire scene was filled with feces and vomit. MGA’s wife hadn’t told anyone up to this point. However, at midnight, she alerted Maulvi Noor-ud-Deen, her son Mahmood, Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussein Shah and Dr. Mirza Yaqoob Baig were also called. They prescribed medicine, but his condition worsened. At last an injection was given (they have never told us what type of injection this was). Then he fell asleep. When it was dawn he woke up and performed his morning prayers (this is a lie). His throat was completely hoarse. He tried to speak but could utter no sound. He called for pen and ink, but could not write. The pen dropped from his hand. The 5th source is Dr. Basharat Ahmad’s famous book on MGA, “Mujadid-e-Azim”, in this book, he doesn’t give any references. He was the first person to write that Dr. Sutherland came to help MGA’s condition in the early hours of the morning, roughly 8-10am and he wrote some death certificate, however, this has never been corroborated. The 5th source is “Silsila Ahmadiyya”, also by Mirza Bashir Ahmad and again, the diarrhea is downplayed and the injection is not mentioned at all. The 6th source is Mir Nasir Nawab (who was MGA’s father-in-law an a witness), he didnt see the Diarrhea and thus didnt mention it, by the time he got to MGA’s bed, everything must have been cleaned up as best as possible. Nevertheless, MGA was still conscious and mentioned to his father-in-law (and disciple) that he thinks that he might have caught cholera and was thus in the grips of a short and painful death. MGA died on Brandereth Road, Lahore, British India at the house of Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah. A few days after MGA died, the Vakil reported that MGA died of Cholera. A few weeks later on June 14th, the new Khalifa Noorudin also accepted that MGA may have died of cholera. Finally, it should be noted that in 1916, the Khalifa purposely didn’t mention how Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussein Shah and Dr. Mirza Yaqoob Baig were the attending physicians, since they were Lahori-Ahmadi’s in 1916 and until their deaths. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Witnesses to MGA’s death

Nusrat Jehan, (MGA’s wife) she only saw the first part, the part with the 4-5 attacks of diarrhea (See Seeratul Mahdi).
Noorudin, he was always with MGA, he was the main attending physician, he has never spoke or written about that night.
Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah, he was the main attending physician, he has never spoke or written about that night.
Dr. Mirza Yacub Baig, he was the main attending physician (and witness to Lekh Ram’s death), he came at 2am and he saw MGA sitting on a toilet, MGA asked him for medicine.
Mir Nasir Nawab, the father-in-law of MGA, MGA uttered his final words to him.
Mirza Basheer-uddin Mahmud Ahmad, he saw the injection to MGA’s chest, and MGA fall asleep.
Mirza Bashir Ahmad was in the same house, he only saw when MGA was asleep and claims that MGA woke up and said Fajr prayers (but this is a lie).
Nawab Muhammad Ali Khan, he has never spoke or written about that night.
Khwaja Kamaluddin, he has never spoke or written about that night.
Sheikh Abdul Rahman Sahib Qadiani, he wrote that MGA was taking cholordyne, the night that he died.
Mufti Muhammad Sadiq, he has never spoke or written about that night (not even in Zikr-e-Habib).

1908, June 2nd
Albadar 2 June 1908

Extracts from Al-badr, weekly paper published from Qadian page 3 of 2 June 1908.

NO 1: Tajheezo takfeen wa tadfeen – Shrouding and burying of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.
“IN LAHORE He died in Lahore in the house of Dr Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah Sahib around 10:30 am. Washing the body and shrouding was completed by 2:30pm. About 3 pm a huge gathering took part in the janaza prayer. After that many people ahmadi and ghair ahmadi came to see him. About 4 pm ahmadi ahbaab carried the coffin on the shoulders, took it to the train station where, already train carriage was reserved. At 5:45 the train, that normally leaves Lahore, coffin was placed and other members accompanied it.

Abdul Jabaar berhami, Pir Manzoor Muhammad, family of hazrat aqdas (mirza ghulam) along with children, Mir Nasir Nawab, Khawaja Kamal uddin, dr Syed Muhammad Hussain, Muhammad Sadiq (mufti M Sadiq who is writing this article) Ittar Deen, Abdul Aziz Mughal, Mufti Fazal ur Rehman with (ahl Bait?), Abdul Karim compasitor, dr Yaqoob Baig, Moulvi Noor uddin, Muhammad Hasan (this is most likely Muhammad Ahsan Amrohi) Hafiz Ahmad ullah, Hakim Muhammad Hussain quaraishi, Babu Ghulam Muhammad, Khalifa Rajab Deen, Khalifa Rajab Deen, Sheikh Rahmat, Hamid Ali, Mir Muhammad Saeed, Noor ? soudagar, Mr Taimour, Choudhry Fetah muhammad, Babu Abdul Hai, Malik Mubarik
Ali, Arab Abdul Hai, Choudhry Zia uddin, Hafiz Ahmad ullah, Abdul Hamid, Zafar ullah, Wali ullah,
Abdul Rehman, Ghulam Qadir, Muhammad Aarif, Syed Mahmood Alim, Sheikh Karim ullah, Syed
Haider Shah, Alahi Buksh, Mirza Khudaa Buksh, Munshi Aziz deen, Abdullah Naqeeb, Mirza Abdul Ghani, Abdul Ali, Muhammad Rafi, Shaadi Khan, Jalil Ahmad, Moulvi Abdu Sitaar, Ahmad Noor, Noor Muhammad, Muhammd Hussain (katib albadr one who writing) Syed Gulzar Hussain, Qazi Muhammad Zahoor uddin (i think Akamal), Abdul Hai student, Muhammad sadiq student, Mirza Muhammad Ismael, Noor ahmad, Abdul Rehman, Babu Muhammad Ashraf BA, Master Muhammad Sharif BA.

Along the route many people joined from Amritsar and Batala. On route Mian Nabi Buksh
Soudagar and Dr Ibaad ullah joined the janaza at Amritsar. Around 10 pm train arrived at Batala, Coffin was kept in the carriage gaurded by the khudaam. At 2 am, ahbaab took their turn to carry the coffin on shoulders arriving at Qadian around 8 am. Coffin was placed in the garden, there everyone accepted Hazrat Moulvi Sahib (noor uddin) as their Imam and took Bait. Before Asar, same day, janaza prayer said, many people from Sialkot, Wazeer Abaad, Kapoorthala and other places joined. Moulvi Sahib gave a speech after Janaza prayer, in which he explained on the point of Zaroorat of Imam and tasks ahead. Janaza prayer was after Asar and it was kept in the garden, for everone to see (his face) at the time there were about 1200 men and women were present, dead body was put in the grave, given to God.

No 2 Translation- AHL BAIT KAA SABAR
Last portion of the night between 25 and 26 May,
“Aap kee tabiayt ziada kharab ho gaee thee, us waqat baaz khudaam to aap kay paas bulaa liyaa giaa tha, gin main yay Ajaiz (humble) Muhammad Sadiq editor bhee tha. us waqat say lay ker qareeban 10.30 am, jub kay AAP NAY APNA DAM KHUDA KAY SAPURAD KIA, YAY AaJIZ WAHAN MOJOOD RAHA, (mufti sadiq was present till mirza ghulam took last breath). Is waqat jo sabar aour istiqamat ahl bait nay dikhaiya, wo unheen ka kaam tha (family portrayed extreme patience and steadfastness, was only own to them) bilkhasoos hazrat umulmomaineen (nusrat jahan) nay nahaiyat hee sabar say kaam liya, aour khuda ko yaad kernay kay siwa aap kay moohn say koee kalima naheen niklaa.

The english translation of the above urdu transliteration
“His health became terrible, from that time, many youth (khuddam) were called to come to, I was also among them, I was also the editor, from that time (time is unknown) until about 10:30am, until you (MGA) gave up your soul (ghost) to God fully, I was close-by. At the time, the patience and strength shown by the “people of his house” (MGA’s wife and kids), it was the work of the steadfast, especially, Hazrat Umulmohmineen (Mother of the believers)(MGA’s wife) displayed extreme patience (in the face of adversity), and God will remember, from your mouth (MGA’s wife) only the Kalima was recited.”

No 3 translation
This is about how moulvi Noor din was selected and people took allegiance/bait. Here i will
give the list of people who took bait at the time most interestingly Akbar Shah Khan Najeeb
Abaadi who wrote biography of Noor uddin took bait, he was known to be muslim scholar.
Rahmat ullah owner of English warehouse Lahore, Mirza mahmood, Mufti Muhammad
Sadiq, Syed Ahsan Amrohi, Syed Muhammad Hussain assistant surgeon lahore, Moulvi
Muhammad Ali, Khawaja Kamal uddin, Dr Mirza Yaqoob Baig, Khalifa Rashid uddin
Assistant Surgeon, Mirza Khudaa Buksh, Sheikh Yaqoob Ali Editor Alhakam, Ahmad Din
Appeal Nawees (one who writes appeals) Gujranwala, Moulvi Master Sher Ali headmaster
Madrasa Taleem ul Islam, Dr Ibaad ullah Amritsari, AKBAR SHAH KHAN NAJEEB
ABAADI, Nawab Muhammad Ali Khan Mahler Kotla, Syed Ahmad Noor Kabuly, Syed
Haider Shah Qasoor, Bashir Ahmad (son of Mirza Ghulam),Mir Nasir Nawab stood up and
endrosed his support in favour of Noor uddin, by saying that Moulvi Sahib is the rightfull
person to take bait. Hafiz Muhammad Ishaq drawing master Lahore, Abdul Aziz father of
Mian Chiragh Din raees of Lahore, Malik Mubarik Ali Lahore, Moulvi Azeem ullah Nabah,
Nabi Biksh Amritsar, Syed Qazi Aal Muhammad Amrohi, Mufti Fazal Ahmad Jamoon,
Khalifa Noor uddin Jamoon, Moulvi Ghulam Hassan Sub Registrar Peshawar, Haji Ilahi
Buksh soudagar Gujrat, Noor uddin chak no 243, Khawaja Habib ullah Kashmir, Hakim
Muhammad Hussain Qureshi Lahore, Babu Ghulam Muhammad Foreman railway press
Lahore, Qazi Muhammad Zahoor uddin Akmal, Nawab Khan Gujranwala, Syed
Muhammad Ashraf BA of Pind Dadankhan, Moulvi Rahim Buksh talwandi, Syed Abdul
Jabaar, syed Mehdi Hussain mahaajar, Shabrati Banaras, Choudhry Allah Daad
mehlanwala, Babu Fakhar Uddin Lahore, Dr Basharat Ahmad Assistant Surgeon Behra, Dr
Muhammad Din Gujrat, Mistri Ahmad Din Behra, Moulvi Mir Muhammad Saeed
Haiderabad Dukan, Khalifa Rajab uddin Lahore, Mian Muhammad Sharif BA. These are a
few names from a long list. This first bait was taken all day in the garden (where body of
mirza ghulam was placed) 1200 people present.
The Khalifa, Mirza Basheer ud Din Mahmud Ahmad

“”Seerat Maseeh e Maud”” by Mirza Basheer ud Din Mahmud Ahmad (1916 and 1925 edition)

The same exact story was repeated was in 1925, as they changed “Hadhrat Ahmad” to a book called “”Seerat Maseeh e Maud”” by Mirza Basheer ud Din Mahmud Ahmad (1925)
See here–

Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmood Ahmadra who states in his book, Hadhrat Ahmad on page 58-59 (1998 edition):

“He suffered from chronic diarrhea. When he came to Lahore the distemper was further aggravated. The constant stream of visitors left his system no time for repose. In this condition he received the revelation meaning: “The time for march is nigh:again, the time for marching is at hand”. The revelation caused great anxiety among his followers, but shortly there came the news of the death of a friend at Qadian and people were reassured, thinking that the revelation had reference to that event. But when someone asked the Promised Messiahas he said that the revelation related to a much more important personage and did not refer to the deceased. Made anxious by this revelation : My mother expressed the wish that they should all return to Qadian. “To go back now”, he said “is not in my power. Now it is God alone who can take me back”. But despite his illness and the revelation he remained devoted to his work.

In this condition he decided to deliver a lecture on the subject of amity and mutual understanding between the Hindus and the Muslims. He wrote out the lecture and gave it the title “The Message of Peace”. The strain and preparing the lecture further weakened his health. The diarrhea increased. On the night before the writing of the lecture was completed the revelation came meaning “Place no trust in this fleeting life”. He immediately mentioned the revelation to his family and said that it related to himself. The next day the lecture was completed and it was sent to be printed. The following night the diarrhea increased and he became very weak. He roused my mother. When she came, he was prostrate. In her anxiety she inquired what was the matter with him. The reply was , “The same that I have told you about” (meaning death”. After this he had another motion and he became weaker. “Send for Maulvi Noor-ud-Din” He said: And then “wake up Mahmood (the one who is giving this testimony) and Mir Sahib (his father in law)”I slept in a lower room at a slight distance from him. I was called up.

I found him very restless. The doctor had already come and given what help he could. But he did not rally. At last an injection was given. Then he fell asleep. When it was dawn he woke up and performed his morning prayers. His throat was completely hoarse. He tried to speak but could utter no sound. He called for pen and ink, but could not write. The pen dropped from his hand.

He then lay down. Soon a drowsiness came upon him. At about half past ten, his holy spirit passed away to the presence of the August Sovereign, to the service of whose religion he devoted the whole of his life. To Allah we Belong and to Him shall we return. All through there was one word upon his lips and that word was “Allah” (Hadhrat Ahmad, By Hadhrat Mirza Bashir-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad, Page 58-59).
In 1923, on MGA’s 15-year death anniversary, Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg wrote his biography in the Pagham e Sulh of May 26th, (see pages 6-9) and even shared the last moments of MGA’s life. Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg’s house was less than 100 years away from the house where MGA was temporary living. Thus, he was the 3rd doctor to arrive, the other 2 were Noorudin and Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah. MGA’s final illness started at roughly 10pm, Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg wasn’t alerted until 2am, in the intervening 4 hours, MGA had 5-6 attacks of diarrhea. As Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg approached MGA in his room, he reports that MGA was sitting on a make-shift toilet. MGA must have been forced to sit there by Noorudin and Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah. Since MGA was leaking out excrement in excessive nature. The urdu word used for toilet was “chowkee”, which translates into In British English, “commode” is the standard term for a commode chair, often on wheels, enclosing a chamber pot—as used in hospitals and the homes of the elderly. MGA then said “Mirza sahib, recommend a medicine for me”. Then he said: “Also pray for me”, and he added: “In truth, the medicine is by decree from heaven”. We are unsure if these were MGA’s final words, MGA’s father-in-law report that MGA’s final words were given as follows:  ‘I have been stricken with cholera.’  Thus, Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg arrived before Mir Nasir Nawab, and thus MGA’s final words were accurately given.


Paigham E Suleh 26 May 1923

1923 (december) and 1935
Seerat ul Mahdi: Volume 1, Page numbers 10-11, it should be noted that Mirza Bashir Ahmad wrote this himself, then he sent it to mother for verification. His mother added into it the portion which highlighted in yellow.

“””Mother narrated to me that when Hazrat Maseeh Maud had his last illness and his condition was fragile, I worriedly said “Allah what is about to happen?” To this Hazrat Sahib said “this is that which I used to say”.

This humble one briefly states that on 25 May 1908 on the evening of Monday, Hazrat Maseeh Maud was completely fine. At night after Isha prayer this humble one came to the house from inside and I saw that he was sitting with mother on the bed eating food. I went to lie down on my bed and then I fell asleep.

In the latter part of the night, close to early morning I was woken or maybe due to the sound of people walking around and talking I woke up myself and what I see is that hazrat maseeh maud is extremely sick with diarrhea and his condition is fragile and herbalists and other people are busy in work here and there.

When I first glanced towards Hazrat Maseeh Maud, my heart sank. Because I had never seen his condition like this before then and it had an effect on my heart that this is the ailment of death. At this point he had become very weak. The doctor checked his pulse and it was still. Everyone had thought that he had passed away and suddenly everyone was overcome with shock, but shortly afterwards, there was movement in the pulse again but his condition was still fragile. Morning came and Hazrat Maseeh Maud’s bed was taken from the outside to the room inside.

When there was a good amount of daylight Hazrat Maseeh Maud asked “Is it time for namaz?” Sheikh Abdul Rahman Sahib Qadiani said Huzur it is. He (MGA) patted his hands on the bed and performed tayamum and while lying down, started to pray but while in this condition, he swooned and could not complete the prayer.

After a little while he enquired again that is it time for morning prayer. It was stated that huzur it is. He again performed his intention but I do not remember if he was able to complete the prayer or not. At this point his condition was extremely angst and dysphoric.

Probably at 8 or 8.30 the doctor asked huzur what specific pain/discomfort he felt. But he was not able to answer. So a paper, pen and inkpot were brought and he leaned on his left hand for support while trying to sit up, and tried to write something but he wrote a few words with difficulty and then the pen feebly dragged onto the paper unnecessarily and he (MGA) lay back down.

This last script which expressed the pain of the tongue and parts of which could not be read, was given to Mother.

After 9 o clock Hazrat Sahib’s condition became more fragile and after a short time, he started having difficulty breathing. There was no sound but his breath intake was deep and he was struggling to take a breath. At this point, this humble one was standing next to him.

Upon seeing this condition Mother who was in the next room, was informed. She took leave of some womenfolk and came and sat on the floor next to his bed. At this point Doctor Muhammad Hussain Shah Sahib Lahori punctured (pichkari) his chest with an injection near the breast which caused that area to rise but no improvement was noticed. However some people were offended as to why he was given such pain in that condition.

For some time the breathing difficulty continued and the gap between each breath became longer until he took a long breath and his soul was taken to God.

When this humble one verified Mother’s narration that has been presented at the beginning, and mention was made of Hazrat Maseeh Maud’s death, Mother stated that Hazrat Maseeh Maud first got an urge to go to the toilet while he was eating. But after that for a little while we pressed his feet and he lay down and slept. And I also slept.

After some time he felt another urge to go and he went to the bathroom one or twice to relieve himself. After that he felt a lot of weakness and he woke me with his hand. I awoke and he had so much weakness that he just lay on my bed and I sat to press his feet.

After a little while Hazrat Sahib told me to go to sleep. I said no I will press (massage). In this time he had another motion but the weakness was much that he was not able to go to the toilet so I made arrangements next to the bed and he sat there and relieved himself and then got up and lay back down and I continued to press his feet but he had become too weak.

After that he had one more looseness of bowels and then he vomited. When he finished vomiting and was about to lay down, he had so much weakness that while laying down, he fell face down onto the bed and he hit his head on the wood of the bed and his condition worsened. To this I anxiously said “Allah what is about to happen?” And he said “this is that which I used to say”.

This humble one asked Mother ‘did you understand what Hazrat Sahib meant?’ Mother replied yes. Mother also stated that when his condition became worse and his weakness had become too much I said ‘shall we call for Maulvi Sahib (Hazrat Maulvi Nooruddin Sahib)’? He said call him and also said wake Mahmood.

Then I asked shall I call Muhammad Ali Khan (Nawab Sahib)? Mother states that I do not remember if Hazrat Sahib replied to this or not, or what his reply was if he did reply.

This humble one states that according to hadith, at the time of death Prophet Muhammad (SAW) also suffered extreme angst and high level of restlessness and anxiety/worry and he was in a state of pain and we have seen that at his time of death Hazrat Maseeh Maud’s condition was almost like that.

Those who are unaware will find this point strange because on the other hand they hear and see that the death sufiya and auliya is very comfortable and in a state of peace. In actuality when a prophet is about to pass away all his responsibilities in regards to his ummah are in front of him and the worry of their future is deep in his body.

A prophet knows and realises more than anyone in this world that death is a door which a person will go through and stand before God. So while he is pleased with death on the matter that the time of meeting with the Beloved is approaching, at the same time he is aware of his great responsibilities and the worry of the future of his ummah causes him extraordinary anxiety. However sufiya and auliya are free from such worries. They only have the burden of their nafs. Whereas prophets have the burden of thousands, lacs and millions of people. Therefore the difference is apparent.

(In this narration when Mother stated that upon seeing her restlessness/anxiety, Hazrat Maseeh Maud said “this is that which I used to say”. I enquired from Mother what this meant. She said that by saying this, Hazrat Maseeh Maud meant that just like I used to mention the time of my death is near. So that promised time has come. And Mother stated that through these words Hazrat Sahib gave me reassurance, that there is no need to worry because this is that destined time about which I used to get knowledge or zikr from God. And just like this Promise of God is being fulfilled, similarly other promises from God regarding God’s Help after me, will also be fulfilled and God will Himself be your guarantor).

Mother also stated that Hazrat Sahib used to often complain about having diarrhea due to which he used to experience a lot of weakness and he he dies of this illness.”

– Seeratul Mahdi vol 1, page 9 – page 12 (narration 12)


Seerat ul Mahdi: Volume 1, Page numbers 10-11,

Seerat Almehdi vol 1 Rawayat no 11

Full Transliteration
“Bayaan kiya mujh se hazrat walda sahiba ne ke jab hazrat maseeh maud aakhri beemari bemaar huay aur aap ki haalat naazuk hui to mainay ghabra kar kaha “Allah yeh kya honay laga hai”. Is par hazrat sahib ne farmaya “yeh vo hi hai jo mein kaha karta tha”.

Khaaksaar mukhtasaran arz karta hai ke hazrat maseeh maud 25 May 1908 ya’ni peer ki sham ko bilkul acchay thay. Raat ko isha ki namaz ke baad khaksaar bahir se makaan me aaya to mainay dekha ke aap walda sahiba ke saath palang par baitthay huey khana kha rahay thay. Main apnay bistar par jaa kar laitt gaya aur phir mujhay neend aa gaee.

Raat ke pichlay pehr subha ke kareeb mujhay jagaya gaya ya sha’yad logaun ke chalnay phirnay aur bolnay ki avaaz se main khud bedaar hua to kya dekhta houn ke hazrat maseeh maud is-haal ki bemaari se sakht bemaar hain aur haalat naazuk hai aur idhar udhar ma’alaj aur doosray laug kaam me lagay huay hain.

Jab mainay pehli nazar hazrat maseeh maud ke oopar ddali to mera dil baitth gaya. Kyounkay mainay aisi haalat aapki is se pehlay na dekhi thi aur meray dil par yeh hi asar parra ke yeh marz ul maut hai. Is waqt aap bohot kamzaur ho chukay thay. Itnay me doctor ne nabaz dekhi to nararad. Sab samjhay ke wafaat paa gaey aur yakdam sab par ek sanatta chha gaya, magar thhorri dair ke baad nabaz me phir harkat paida hui magar haalat bar sator naazuk thi. Itnay me subah ho gai aur hazrat maseeh maud ki chaarpai ko bahir sehen se utthaa kar andar kamray me le aey.

Jab zara achi roshni ho gai to hazrat maseeh maud ne pooccha “kya namaz ka waqt ho gaya hai?” Ghaliban Sheikh Abdul Rahman Sahib Qadiani ne arz kiya ke Huzur ho gaya hai. Aap ne bistar par hi haath maar kar tayamam kiya aur laitay laitay hi namaz shuru kar di magar aap isi haalat me thay ke ghashi si taari ho gai aur namaz ko poora na kar sakay.

Thorri dair ke baad aap nay phir daryafat farmaya ke subah ki namaz ka waqt ho gaya hai. Arz kiya gaya huzur ho gaya hai. Aap nay phir niyyat baandhi magar mujhay yaad nahi ke namaz poori kar sakay…..

Is waqt aap ki haalat sakht karb aur ghabrahatt ki thi. Ghaliban aatth ya saarray aatth bajay doctor ne pooccha ke huzur ko khaas tor par kya takleef mahsoos hoti hai. Magar aap jawaab na de saktay. Is liye kaagaz qalam dawat mangvai gai aur aap ne baaein haath par sahara le kar bistar se utth kar kuch likhna chaha magar ba-mushkil do chaar alfaaz likh sakay aur phir be-waja zaaf ke kaagaz ke oopar qalam ghaseett-ta hua chala gaya aur aap phir laitt gaey.

Yeh aakhri tehreer jis me ghaaliban zubaan ki takleef ka izhaar tha aur kuch hissa parrha nahi jata tha janab walda sahiba ko de dee gai. Nau bajay ke baad hazrat sahib ki haalat ziyada nazuk ho gai aur thorri dair ke baad aap ko gharghara shuru ho gaya. Ghargharay me koi avaaz waghaira nahi thi balkay sirf saans lamba lamba aur khich khich kar aata tha. Khaaksaar is waqt aap ke sarhanay kharra tha.

Yeh haalat dekh kar walda sahiba ko jo is waqt saath waalay kamray me theen itla dee gai. Vo me chand ghar ki masturaat ke aap ki charpai ke paas aa kar zameen par baitth gaeen.

Is waqt doctor Muhammad Hussain Shah Sahib Lahori ne aap ki chhaati me pastaan ke paas anjkashan yani davai ki pachkari kee jis se vo jaga kuch ubhar aee magar kuch afaka mehsoos na hua balkay baaz logaun ne burra manaya ke is haalat me aap ko kyoun yeh takleef dee gai hai.

Thorri dair tak ghargharay ka silsila jaari raha aur har aan saansaun ke darmiyaan ka waqfa lamba hota gaya hatta ke aap ne ek lamba saans liya aur aap ki rooh Raqeeb aala ki taraf parwaz kar gai.

Khaaksaar ne walda sahiba ki yeh ravayat jo shuru me darj ki gai hai jab dobara walda sahiba ke paas baraey tasdeeq bayaan ki aur hazrat maseeh maud ki wafaat ka zikr aya to walda sahiba ne farmaya ke hazrat maseeh maud ko pehla dast khana khanay ke waqt aaya tha magar us ke baad thorri dair tak hum log aap kay paaun dabaatay rahay aur aap araam se laitt kar sau gaey. Aur mein bhi sau gai.

Kuch dair ke baad aap ko phir haajat mehsoos hui aur ghaliban ek ya do dafa rafa haajat ke liye aap pakhanay tashreef le gaey. Is ke baad aap ne ziyada zaaf mehsoos kiya to aap ne haath se mujhay jagaya. Mein utthi to aap ko itna zaaf tha ke aap meri charpaai par hi laitt gaey aur mein aap ke paoun daba nay ke liye baitth gai.

Thorri dair ke baad hazrat sahib ne farmaya tum ab sau jao. Mainay kaha nahi mein dabaati houn. Itnay me aap ko ek aur dast aaya magar is qadar zaaf tha ke aap pakhana na ja saktay thay is liye mainay charpai ke paas hi intezam kar diya aur aap waheen baitth kar faaragh huay aur phir utth kar laitt gaey aur mein paoun dabaati rahi magar zaaf bohot ho gaya tha.

Is ke baad ek aur dast aaya aur phir aap ko ek kae aai. Jab aap kae se farag ho kar laitt nay lagay to itna zaaf tha ke aap lait-tay lait-tay pasht ke bal charpai par gir gaey aur aap ka sar charpai ki lakrri se ttakraya aur haalat dargaun ho gai. Is par mainay ghabra kar kaha “Allah yeh kya honay laga hai?” To aap ne farmaya “Yeh vohi hai jo mein kaha karta tha”.

Khaksaar ne walda sahiba ko poocha kya aap samajh gai theen ke hazrat sahib ka kya munsha hai? Walda sahiba ne farmaya “haan”. Walda sahiba ne yeh bhi farmaya ke jab haalat kharaab hui aur zaaf bohot ho gaya to mainay kaha maulvi sahib (Maulvi Nooruddin) ko bulaein?

aap ne farmaya bula lo neez farmaya Mahmood ko jaga lo. Phir mainay pooccha Muhammad Ali Khan ya’ni Nawab Sahib ko bula loun? Walda sahiba farmati hain ke mujhay yaad nahi ke hazrat sahib ne is ka kuch jawaab diya ya nahi aur diya to kya diya.

Khaksaar arz karta hai ke hadees shareef me aata hai ke marz maut me aan hazrat sallal laahu alayhi wassallam ko bhi sakht karb tha aur nihayat darja becahini aur ghabrahatt aur takleef ki haalat thi aur hum nay dekha hai ke hazrat maseeh maud ka bhi ba-waqt wafaat qareeban aisay hi haal tha.

Yeh baat na-waaqaf logaun ke liye maujab ta’ajab ho gi kyounkay doosri taraf vo suntay aur dekhtay hain ke sufiya aur auliya ki wafaat nihayat aetmanaan aur sakoon ki haalat me hoti hai.

Sau, dar asl baat yeh hai ke nabi jab faut honay lagta hai to apni ummat ke mutalliq apni tamam zimedariyan us kay saamnay hoti hain aur un kay mustaqbil ka fikr mazeed baraan uskay daaman geer hota hai.

Tamaam duniya se barrh kar is baat ko nabi jaan ta aur samajhta hai ke maut ek darwaza hai jis se guzar kar insaan ne khuda ke saamne kharra hona hai.

Pas maut ki aamid jahaan is lehaaz se us ko masroor karti hai ke wasaal mahboob ka waqt qareeb aan pohncha hai wahaan us ki azeem-ush-shaan zimedaariyaun ka ehsaas aur apni ummat ke mutalliq ainda ka fikr ussay ghair mamooli kurb me batla dete hain. Magar sufiya aur auliya in fikraun se azaad hotay hain.

En per sirf inka nafs ka bar auta hai. Magar nabiyyon per, hazarua, laqqau, cororau insanau ka bauj, pas firk zair hai.

Seerat ul Mahdi Vol 4 5 Page 422-431, 2018 edition
Hayat-i-Nasir: Page # 14

“The night his holiness (Mirza Ghulam Qadiani) fell ill, I was sleeping in my room.  When his illness grew severe, they woke me up.  I went over to his holiness and found him in great pain.  He addressed me saying: ‘I have been stricken with cholera.’  After this, he did not utter a single intelligible and coherent word till he died on Monday, after ten O’clock in the morning.”


Al-Fazl, Vol. 25, No. 274, November 24, 1937

“Huzoor (Mirza Ghulam) could not talk two hours before death. Dr. Mirza Yaqoob Baig and Dr. Syed Mohammad Hussein Shah were the attending physicians. Huzoor asked for paper and wrote on it: ‘I have too much dryness. I can’t talk.’ and some other words which could not be read.” 

Silsila Ahmadiyya, Volume 1, By Mirza Bashir Ahmad, taken from, this is a summary by Ahmadianswers, who is dishonest, not an exact translation

“”On May 25 after offering Maghrib and Isha prayers and taking some food, his father went to bed. At around 11 Pm, he felt the need to use the privy for defecation. He would often suffer from upset stomach and diarrhea. He had a loose motion and consequently felt weak. He woke up his wife, who immediately got up to look after him and started massaging his feet. Soon after he felt the need to use the privy again. When he returned, he was weak to such an extent that while he was about to lie down on his bed, he wasn’t able to support his own body weight and almost fell on his own bed. Soon his eldest son and two doctors were also summoned to his bedside and all possible humanly efforts were made to save him. Due to his weakness, Ahmad(As) was also having trouble speaking. The only words that could be heard from him were “O Allah, My Dear Allah” I (Hazrat Mirza Bashir Ahmad(ra) speaking) was standing by him at the time of Fajr prayer. After inquiring whether it was time for prayer he performed Tayammum and tried to offer his prayer in bed. But he fell unconscious. After regaining consciousness, he again inquired about Fajr prayer and offered his prayer while lying down in his bed. He was becoming weaker by the moment and all you could hear were the words “O Allah, My Dear Allah!”At last at about 10:30 AM with his family by his side, he breathed his last and his soul departed from this world towards Allah.””

Pages from Silsila Ahmadiyya printed 1939
Mujadad e Azam Vol-2, by Dr. Basharat Ahmad

“””””””””Mirza ghulam exhausted because of writing Paigham e Suleh, and strenuous work of day and night took its toll, “but 25th May the attack (ishaal) was severe which was the cause of his death. at the eve of 25th, writing Pagham e Suleh all day, he went for an “outing” (on a horse drawn carriage), upon his return, he was struck with this disease again. It started to effect digestion (as he went out must have had some food from outside). They send a message to Dr Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah, and he got an appropriate medicine made and sent. But there was no benefit of it. At 11 pm, at night, due to one very loose (dast) motion, Mirza Ghulam felt extremely weak. They requested Dr Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah and Moulvi Noor Uddin to come. Medicine to give him some strength was given. These two people, thinking this round of diarrhoea is due to strenuous brain work, and if he could get some sleep, he will get better. Thinking that Dr Muhammad Husain Shah and Moulvi Noor Uddin left. But around 2 to 3 am same night (please do not forget he already had one attack at 11 pm) he was inflicted by a big ‘dast’ due to that his PULSE COULD NOT BE FELT (NABAZ BILKUL BUND HO GAI). Again Dr Muhammad Hussain shah, Moulvi Noor uddin and Khawaja Kamal uddin were called for. Also Called for Dr Mirza Yaqoub Baig, on his arrival, Hazrat Aqdas (mirza ghulam) asked him to come near, and said “i have severe attack of Ishaal (diarrhoea) recommend a medicine for me, and he (mirza ghulam) said “truth is that medicine is in the heavens (skies) give me medicine and pray for me too.”

Treatment started, as he was very weak, all the people stayed there, and treatment carried on, but the pulse did not come back (LAIKIN NABAZ PHIR WAPIS NAA AAEE). After this Principal of Medical College Lahore, Dr Sutherland, who was a famous Doctor, was called. But there is not a treatment of death. Hafiz Fazal Ahmad sitting near reciting Surah Yasin. At last 26 May 1908, on tuesday at quarter past 10 in the morning. at Ahmadiyya Buildings Lahore Hazrat Aqdas (mirza ghulam) left this mortal world to meet his maker.”””””””””

Mujadid e Azam Vol 2, written by Dr Basharat Ahmad, published December 1940, states on page No 1205 under the heading “Shaam kee Sair (outing)”

Page 1195 tells us that The wife of Mirza Ghulam was not feeling well and showed her desire to go to Lahore for the change of environment (tabdeely e Aab o hawa), on that request of his wife mirza ghulam performed Istikhara, and he started his journey on 27 April 1908. In Lahore he stayed in Ahmadiyya Buildings, at the house of Khawaja Kamal uddin. As he intended to stay in Lahore for a while, so Moulvi Noor uddin and Moulvi Muhammad Ahsan Amrohi and some other companions (names not given) also arrived. Akhbar Albadr also transferred to Lahore, temporarily so the fresh news could be delivered to the followers. After some days stay, wife of Mirza Ghulam went to see Dr Syed Muhammad Hussain, on one hand she liked his house better and on the other Dr S M Shah insisted for them to move in to their house, as per good medical support so they moved with Dr S M Hussain.

Among other things and meetings going, on 15 May Fazal Hussin visited and Professor Wregge also met Mirza Ghulam during this stay

Page 1205 in Red box, The details are of the stay of Mirza ghulam and his wife in Lahore, 25 May 1908 a day before Mirza Ghulam died, “it was summer time, Hazrat Aqdas (mirza ghulam) accompanying  his wife, in the evening, OFTEN went for sair (outing) in  Phaeton (enclosed carriage) photo attached. On 25th May 1908 he went out in this phaeton, but he had sad impression on his face, someone enquired, why we see the sadness on Hazoor face. He replied, my state of mind is such like ” a mother as if she had a young child who cannot take care of himself and she were to the child behind”, This was a clear indication towards his death, spiritual mother, the childt she was leaving behind, was “this Jamaat”.

On the picture of Phaeton taken from Zikr e Habib written by Mufti Muhammad Sadiq, it says, “Is main hazrat sahib wisaal say chand rose (daily) qabal shaam kay qareeb hawa khouri kay leay jaya kertay thay”. Just before his death Mirza ghulam used to go out for fresh air, in this phaeton, before the evening falls. So clearly this was the actual buggy used by Mirza Ghulam a day before his death In Lahore.

Evening Outing


This is the horse carriage that MGA was using for his outings while he lived in Lahore. Mir Nasir Nawab was also in the carriage riding with MGA and enjoying the evening in Lahore. MGA caught cholera and died 4 hours later. 
Some additional references
Al-Fazl (official Newspaper of Ahmadiyya), Vol. 25, No. 274, November 24, 1937

“Huzoor (Mirza Ghulam) could not talk two hours before death. Dr. Mirza Yaqoob Baig and Dr. Syed Mohammad Hussain Shah were the attending physicians. Huzoor asked for paper and wrote on it: ‘I have too much dryness. I can’t talk and some other words which could not be read.”
 Al-Hakam, May 28, 1908

“As his condition became precarious, we stayed by him and continued treatment, but his pulse stopped by 10:15 A.M., on the 26th May, 1908 he breathed his last.”
Additional sources

Urdu: Mujaddid-i ‘Azam (The Great Reformer of the Time), the biography of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad by Dr. Basharat Ahmad, and Mujahid-i Kabir (The Great Striver for Islam), the biography of Maulana Muhammad Ali by Mr. Muhammad Ahmad and Mr. Mumtaz Ahmad Faruqui.

Links and Related Essay’s

Abdul Majeed Salik and his relationship with Ahmadiyya


In 1923, Dr. Mirza Yaqub Beg reported that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was forced to sit on a toilet, just minutes before MGA died

Who is Mufti Muhammad Sadiq (1872–1957)?

Review of Religions, May and June of 1939, Professor Clement Lindley Wragge’s interview of MGA from 1908

“Zikr-e-Habib” by Mufti Muhammad Sadiq (1926)

Did Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad die an objectionable death?

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was taking Chlorodyne (a cure for cholera) just before his death

Hyat-e-Nasir by Mir Nasir Nawab–the full pdf book

Just before Mirza Ghulam Ahmad arrived at Lahore in 1908

What is Lecture Ludhiana by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1905)?

Hyat e Nasir (1927) 1st edition vs. 2nd edition

Mirza Tahir Ahmad authenticated the book, “Hyat-e-Nasir” (1927)

Mir Nasir Nawab, the father-in-law of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died on the land of Dr. Syed Muhammad Hussain (1878-1939) on Brandereth road in Lahore

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died of cholera, WABBAI Haiza!!!

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died of Cholera—new evidence found in Aug-2017–The Vakil newspaper Amritsar dated 30th May 1908

Farquhar claims that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died of Cholera (1915)

New data found on the death of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad via cholera from June 1908

Farquhar claims that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad died of Cholera (1915)

Dr. Shadee Elmasry explains the falsity of Ahmadiyya prophethood, and how MGA died on the toilet, death by diarrhea/cholera
#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #trueislam #cholera #deathbycholera