This entire entry was taken from here: http://irshad.org/exposed/eclipse.php. Read our detailed essay on MGA’s claim of being the Mahdi herein. Also read how Fatih Masih told/urged MGA to make his claim of being the Mahdi based on the recent double eclipses in the month of Ramadhan in 1894.
Based on a Hadith they attribute to the Messenger of Allah(SAW), the Qadiani (Ahmadi) leadership asserts that the advent of lunar and solar eclipses during the Islamic month of Ramadhan of 1894 is the clear proof that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani was the foretold Imam Mahdi! Mirza Ghulam himself had written:
“One Hadith of Dar-e-Qatni also proves that the Promised Mahdi will appear at the head of 14th Century; and that hadith is this ….translation of the whole hadith is:’There are two signs of our Mahdi; since the creation of earth and heaven this sign has not been revealed for any appointed and prophet and messenger; and those signs are that moon will eclipse in the first night of its fixed nights of eclipse and sun will get eclipsed in the middle of the fixed days for its eclipse, during the month of Ramadhan.’
…this hadith clearly fixes 14th Century.” (Roohani Khazain, Vol. 17, P. 331)
However, the actual hadith recorded in Dar-e-Qatni clearly reads:
Narrated Amr son of Shamir, quoting Jabir, who quoted Mohammad bin ‘Ali:”For our Mahdi, two signs are given which never occurred in the past from the creation of the heavens and the earth. One is that a lunar eclipse will occur on the first night of Ramadhan and the second sign is that a solar eclipse will occur in the middle of Ramadhan and these signs had never happened from the creation of the heavens and the earth.” (Dar-e-Qatni, Vol. 1, P. 188)
With regard to this hadith, we need to make the following observations:
This hadith is not a saying of hazrat Muhammad(SAW), as the Qadiani leadership has tried to portray, but it is a saying attributed to an individual by the name of Mohammed bin ‘Ali. Thus, once more the falsehood of Qadiani leadership becomes apparent. According to an authentic hadith of hazrat Muhammad(SAW):
Ascribing false things to me is not like ascribing false things to anyone else. Whosoever tells a lie against me intentionally then surely let him occupy his seat in Hell-Fire.
(Hadith Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 378)
This hadith attributed to Mohammad bin ‘Ali has been rejected by scholars of hadith for centuries. In fact, the first narrator of this hadith is Amr bin Shamir who is a known narrator of weak and fabricated Ahadith. Allamah Shamsuddin Dhahbi(RA)who was an expert of the Funn-e-Rijaal (the art of Men Narrators) has written:
“According to its authenticity, this saying attributed to Imam Baqir is extremely weak, outcast, and rejected. Looking at the chain of narration, the first narrator is Amr bin Shamir who has been labeled (in Meezanul-E’tidaal, P. 262) as the big liar, a narrator of weak and fabricated Ahadith, a non-believer of Hadith, a person who used abusive words for the companions of the Messenger(SAW) and the Sahabah(RA); and according to Ilm-ul-Hadith, his narration is not written as Hadith.”
Amr bin Shamir had claimed to have heard this hadith from a person by the name of Jabir. Not only we can not trust this assertion of a known liar, but also Amr failed to disclose — perhaps purposely — which one of the many Jabirs he was referring to in this quote. Nevertheless, among the individuals by that name, we find Jabir Ja’fi, who was described by Imam Abu-Hanifah(RA):
“Among the liars that I met, no one was bigger liar than Jabir Ja’fi.”
Amr bin Shamir finally claims that this hadith was originally narrated by Mohammad bin ‘Ali. Qadianis assert that the Mohammad bin ‘Ali mentioned must have been Imam Baqir. However, we have had several narrators with this name and there is no proof or reason to believe that the person Amr intended was Imam Baqir. Indeed, since it was the habit of Amr bin Shamir to narrate weak and fabricated Ahadith and attribute them to well known, truthful, and trustworthy narrators, we are obligated to be very doubtful of this hadith.
- Even if, for the sake of discussion, we were to accept this hadith at face value, it would only serve to expose the falsehood of Mirza Ghulam and the Qadiani propaganda machine. This saying clearly states that the lunar eclipse will happen in the beginning of the month of Ramadhan and the solar eclipse will occur in the middle of the month. However, this event is astronomically impossible and would be indeed miraculous if occurred.The lunar and solar eclipses Qadianis advance as the proof of their claim occurred on the 13th and 28th day of Ramadhan respectively! It is then obvious that Mirza Ghulam, as was his habit, purposely changed the quote (by adding the words “of its fixed nights“) and twisted the true meaning of the hadith to lend appearance of legitimacy to his false claim. Furthermore, the hadith clearly states that this event has never occurred in the history, while the combination of eclipses on 13th and 28th of Ramadhan have occurred thousands of times throughout history.
Obviously, Qadiani leadership’s complete reliance on an unauthentic and misinterpreted saying of a person by the name of Mohammad bin ‘Ali proves that they have nothing but deceit on their side.
The False Argument of Qadiani (Ahmadi) Leadership
Refuted by Muslim scholars and contradicted the by an extensive body of scientific evidence, Mirza Ghulam and the Qadiani (Ahmadi) leadership acknowledged that according to the divine laws the lunar eclipse always occurs on 13th, 14th or 15th of a lunar month, and solar eclipse always occurs on 27th, 28th, or 29th of a lunar month. However, they advanced another baseless argument to misguide the uninformed.
They reasoned that by “first night of Ramadhan”, the hadith must have intended that first night a lunar eclipse could possibly occur (i.e. 13th); and by “middle of Ramadhan”, the hadith must have meant the middle night a solar eclipse could possibly occur (i.e. 28th)! Thus, they tried to justify the conclusion of their Sire, Mirza Ghulam, and claim that Mirza must have been Mahdi, since such an eclipse occurred during his life time!
With regard to this assertion, we need to make the following observations:
- It is the habit of the Qadiani leadership to use such foolish and feeble interpretations to try to misguide the gullible. The words of the hadith (even though we have shown it to be an unreliable hadith not referred to our Prophet(SAW)) are quite clear: The lunar eclipse should occur on the “first night of Ramadhan” and the solar eclipse in the “middle of Ramadhan” (e.g. 15th). The hadith does not state the “first night from the nights of eclipses”, as Qadiani leadership would like everyone to believe. As we have shown, this is an addition made to the hadith by Mirza Ghulam himself.
- This interpretation of Mirza Ghulam Qadiani and his associates is also shown to be absurd and false by the very hadith itself. The hadith concludes by stating “these signs had never happened from the creation of the heavens and the earth.” However, the combination of eclipses on the 13th and 28th of Ramadhan have occurred thousands of times throughout recorded history!As an example, we quote 45 years of eclipses in life time of Mirza Qadiani. In these 45 years, 3 times such combination of eclipses occurred on 13th and 28th (see book by Mr. Keith, “Use of the Globes” and another book, “Hadaiqun-Nujoom”). Both these books list eclipses from the year 1801CE to 1901CE. Out of those a list of 45 years is produced in a book, ‘Doosri Shadadat-e-Aasmani’ written by Sayyid Abu-Ahmad Rahmani which again confirms that these pair of eclipses have occurred three times alone during the 45 years in question! Further references on the accurate theories of Lunar Eclipses can be found in a commentary written by David McNaughton, a South African astronomer working in UAE, who is considered to be an authority on this subject. Accurate and detailed calculations, using Jean Meeus’s Algorithm, was performed in 1998 by Khalid Shaukat for the 3 pairs of eclipses mentioned before and produced in the following table:
Schedule of Relevant Eclipses in 45 Years of Mirza’s Life
No. Eclipse Gregorian
Time of eclipse in India Description Remark 1 Lunar July 13,
Ramadhan 13, 1267 AH Starts 11:21
Moon was below horizon in Qadian when eclipse occurred. Moon eclipse was not visible in India. Moreover, this happened before Miraz’s claim of Mahdi when he was 11 or 12 years old. Solar July 28,
Ramadhan 28, 1267 AH Starts 17:47
Eclipse was visible little before sunset in Qadian, sunset being at 19:31. 2 Lunar March 21,
Ramadhan 13, 1311 AH Starts 18:58
Eclipse seen in Qadian After Sunset, which is the 14th of Ramadhan. This pair of eclipse actually goes against the Qadiani argument of 13th and 28th of Ramadhan!!! However, these eclipses were visible in other parts of the world and using this sign, Dr. Alexander Dowie claimed to be Messiah in the USA. Solar April 6,
Ramadhan 29, 1311 AH Starts 6:57
Eclipse was visible in the morning, sunrise in Qadian was at 6:11. 3 Lunar March 11,
Ramadhan 13, 1312 AH Starts 7:25
Moon was below horizon in Qadian when eclipse occurred. Moon eclipse was not visible in Qadian. Solar March 26,
Ramadhan 28, 1312 AH Starts 14:21
Eclipse was visible in Qadian in the afternoon.
From the previous table, we can clearly see that this combination of eclipses has occurred at least more than once throughout the history. Furthermore, please note that the pair of eclipses claimed by the Qadianis actually occurred in Qadian on the 14th and 28th of Ramadhan and not the 13th and 28th! In either case, Qadiani argument is shown to be once more false.
As is their habit, the Qadiani (Ahmadi) leadership once more ignored clear evidence contrary to their faulty argument and resorted to further misrepresentation. They claimed that the intent of the words “these signs had never happened from the creation of the heavens and the earth” was that these eclipses have never occurred while a claimant to being Mahdi or Messiah has been present! To support this argument and rejected the proof offered by Muslim scholars showing the feebleness of his arguments, Mirza Ghulam wrote:
“O Low Caste, Khabees, Enemy of Allah and Prophet! You have done this Jewish alteration in the (prophecy), so that this Grand Miracle of Holy Prophet(SAW) is hidden from this world …..your lie, O Worthless is exposed …… from which word did these stupid understood these meanings? O Morons! O Sightless! Disgrace to the Molviyat! …especially the head of the Dajjaleens, Abdul Haq Ghaznavi and his followers; Hundred thousand times shoes of curses may fall upon them. O Dirty Dajjal! Prophecy has been fulfilled but bigotry has blinded you.”
(Zamima Anjam-e-Atham, Roohani Khazain, Vol. 11, P. 330)”This has never happened and absolutely never happened, except in my time, since the beginning of universe till now, that lunar and solar eclipse had gathered in the month of Ramadhan in such a manner that some claimant of messengership or prophethood or muhaddathiyat (one who converse with God) had also been present.”
(Roohani Khazain, Vol. 9, P. 50)
“The meaning of prophecy is that this sign has not been to any other claimant, whether true or false. Only given to the Promised Mahdi. If these tyrant molvis (Muslim scholars) can present a similar occurrence of lunar and solar eclipse in the time of some other claimant then please do it; then I will no doubt become a liar.”
(Roohani Khazain, Vol. 11, P. 332)
“Combination of lunar and solar eclipse in Ramadhan has never taken place in the time of any Prophet or Messenger or muhaddith and since the birth of universe during the time of any claimant of messengership or prophethood or muhaddithiyat lunar and solar has never combined. Combination of Lunar and Solar eclipse and Mahdi is an unnatural phenomenon.” (Roohani Khazain, Vol. 9, P. 84)
It is a sign of disbelief and hypocrisy of Qadiani leadership that they refute clear proofs and authentic hadiths of the holy Prophet(SAW) regarding Mahdi and insist upon their conjecture of an unauthentic saying attribute to Mohammad bin ‘Ali by a known liar! Certainly, no believer would require any further explanation to see the falsehood of the Qadiani claims. However, purely from an academic stand point, we offer the following observation:
- The prophecy of this unauthentic hadith is abundantly clear: the sign which has not occurred since the beginning of time is the specific combination of eclipses on the first and fifteenth day of Ramadhan. There is no mention whether this sign will occur before the birth, during the life, upon the claim, after the claim, or upon the death of the individual making the claim. Qadiani (Ahmadi) interpretation is simply without any merit.
- Even if, for the sake of discussion, we were to accept the Qadianis’ (Ahmadis) feeble interpretation, we still can show that Mirza Ghulam was not the only individual who based his claim on such a combination of eclipses. Ample evidence for this stance is provided in the following books:
- ‘Doosri Shadadat-e-Aasmani’ by Maulana Abu Ahmad
- ‘Aimma-e-Talbis & Raees-e-Qadian’ by Maulana Abul Qasim Dilawari
Below, we have documented several such claimants. Please do remember that Mirza Ghulam had stated that if such proof could be provided, then he would be shown to have been a liar. Accurate and detailed calculations, using Jean Meeus’s Algorithm, was performed in 1998 by Khalid Shaukat for the following tables:
No. Eclipse Gregorian
Name of the Claimant Claim and Comment 1 Lunar 07-11-0743 Rmz 14, 125 Saleh bin Tarif Burghwati Claimed Mahdihood and Prophethood and successfully ruled over his followers for 47 years. Later, he advocated his throne in favor of his son. (Aimma-e-Tilbees, Vol. 1, P. 192)
The combination of Eclipses matched exactly those of Mirza Ghulam: 14th and 28th of Ramadhan
Solar 07-25-0743 Rmz 28, 125 2 Lunar 07-13-1851 Rmz 13, 1267 Mirza Ali Muhammad Bab Claimed to be Mahdi. His movement is still alive and has split off into Babism and Bahaism. They no longer claim to be Muslims.
(Double eclipses of 1829 and 1830 also could have been claimed for him; please note that Ali Muhammad died one month before the eclipse of 1851.
Solar 07-28-1851 Rmz 28, 1267 3 Lunar 11-15-1872 Rmz 13, 1289 Hussain Ali
Claimed to be the Promised One (Messiah) of every religion and a prophet. His followers no longer claim to be Muslims.
(Double eclipses of 1829, 1830, 1851, and 1873 also could be claimed by him)
Solar 11-30-1872 Rmz 28, 1289 4 Lunar 11-04-1873 Rmz 13, 1290 Mahdi Sudani Claimed to be Mahdi and began a successful movement to fight the British colonialists.
(Double eclipses of 1851, 1872 and 1895 also could be claimed by him).
Please note the specific solar eclipse used by him occurred on the 29th of Ramadhan.
Solar 11-20-1873 Rmz 29, 1290 5 Lunar 03-21-1894 Rmz 13, 1311 Dr. Alexander Dowie, USA During the life time of Mirza Ghulam and appropriating the second double eclipse we previously mentioned, he claimed to be the Promised Messiah.
(Double eclipses of 1851, 1872, 1873, and 1895 also could be claimed by him – please note that he made the claim for the same eclipses as Mirza Ghulam)
Solar 04-06-1894 Rmz 29, 1311
Once more, we can use Mirza Ghulam’s own statements to prove that he was a false claimant to being Mahdi, Messiah, and a Prophet.
For all those individuals, who after seeing all this proof, stubbornly insist on believing Mirza Ghulam’s claim to being Mahdi, we like to reproduce an earlier statement of Mirza:
“All those Hadiths in which the coming of Mahdi is foretold are not verifiable and cannot be relied upon.” (Haqeeqat-ul-Mahdi, Roohani Khazain, Vol. 14, P. 429)
We definitely disagree with Mirza Ghulam on this account and have in fact documented several authentic hadith of hazrat Muhammad(SAW) on this site [Read: Identification of the Prophesied Imam Mahdi]. However, isn’t this another sign of Mirza’s falsehood that he reversed course and attempted to take advantage of the eclipses which occurred during his life time by relying on deceitful alterations of an unauthentic Hadith?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Links and Related Essays
#ahmadiyya #ahmadiyyatrueislam #ahmadiapartheid #Ahmadiyyat #rabwah #qadian #meetthekhalifa #muslimsforpeace #ahmadiyyafactcheckblog #nolifewithoutkhalifa #AhmadiMosqueattack #AhmadiyyaPersecution #Mosqueattack #trueislam #atifmian